Sign in to follow this  
ErrorInside

Check...Check...Check...Check

Guest jbl2kz

I'd like to point out that when I had this issue I used FS9.1 under Windows 7 x86 (spanish edition with US-english language pack installed) and Radar Contact v4. The installation (of FS9) was pretty clean since I only had time to add a couple of scenery addons. There was no Active Camera, FSP or anything but scenery yet installed. Of course I also had LVLD fully upgraded (up to SP3). Since you asked, I switch focus on windows all the time while flying, so it's a safe bet to say I probably did it those two times I lost my FO.I have followed as strictly as I was humanly capable the original flows, so I'm pretty sure I didn't miss no step. Also on the second flight I had the main panel open at all times so I could monitor FS2C modes, and I couldn't notice any misbehavior. After the FO went idiotic I tried to engage and disengage the voice recognition system, as well as changing modes, with no result in either case. As others have already pointed out, FA announcements still were playing accurately, so FS2C was "aware" of my current flight phase. It's just the FO who doesn't react.Now I have upgraded my computer hardware (and switched to Win7 64 and FSX), so I'll give it another try tonight and post the news if any. Hopefully with a clean installation of both simulator and OS everything will be just fine (they aren't even the same simulator or OS, so it would be a huge surprise if it didn't work). Still if there's any info I can help gathering to assist other people with this issue I'll be more than pleased.BTW I know it's not the best place to ask but is there a limited number of downloads or installations for a given FS2C license? I format my hard drive very often and wouldn't like it to expire because of this.Best regards,Jordi.

The time my FO went nuts I used the "Takeoff" command instead of the "Set 60 pecent"command I normally use when starting my TO Roll. I just started a flight in the LVLD 76 and used the "takeoff" command and it worked perfectly, so that is not it. I tried my best to perform everything I did that last flight (except stall out the aircraft performing a steep climb), and could not reproduce the check check checking FO.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I'd like to point out that when I had this issue I used FS9.1 under Windows 7 x86 (spanish edition with US-english language pack installed) and Radar Contact v4. The installation (of FS9) was pretty clean since I only had time to add a couple of scenery addons. There was no Active Camera, FSP or anything but scenery yet installed. Of course I also had LVLD fully upgraded (up to SP3). Since you asked, I switch focus on windows all the time while flying, so it's a safe bet to say I probably did it those two times I lost my FO.I have followed as strictly as I was humanly capable the original flows, so I'm pretty sure I didn't miss no step. Also on the second flight I had the main panel open at all times so I could monitor FS2C modes, and I couldn't notice any misbehavior. After the FO went idiotic I tried to engage and disengage the voice recognition system, as well as changing modes, with no result in either case. As others have already pointed out, FA announcements still were playing accurately, so FS2C was "aware" of my current flight phase. It's just the FO who doesn't react.Now I have upgraded my computer hardware (and switched to Win7 64 and FSX), so I'll give it another try tonight and post the news if any. Hopefully with a clean installation of both simulator and OS everything will be just fine (they aren't even the same simulator or OS, so it would be a huge surprise if it didn't work). Still if there's any info I can help gathering to assist other people with this issue I'll be more than pleased.BTW I know it's not the best place to ask but is there a limited number of downloads or installations for a given FS2C license? I format my hard drive very often and wouldn't like it to expire because of this.Best regards,Jordi.
Hi Jordi,Don't worry about download limits. If you ever have a problem with that, just email me.Let me know how things go after your clean install.Cheers,
The time my FO went nuts I used the "Takeoff" command instead of the "Set 60 pecent"command I normally use when starting my TO Roll. I just started a flight in the LVLD 76 and used the "takeoff" command and it worked perfectly, so that is not it. I tried my best to perform everything I did that last flight (except stall out the aircraft performing a steep climb), and could not reproduce the check check checking FO.
So you couldn't reproduce it...Hmmmm... this is a tough one. Not being able to reproduce it makes it hard to identify the source of the prob.I'm wondering if perhaps people are "over-loading" the voice recognition engine?Try to ensure you speak "deliberately".

Hi Bryan,I am using FS9 on Windows XP and on almost every flight I got this dreadful repeating ”check, check, check…” during some part of the flight. It should be noticed that the “check, check, check…” according to the Green Bar is not coming from the FO but from the Captain??? I have yet not found a way to reproduce it but I wonder if some voice commands are mandatory and some are optional during each mode? As an example, before I say “Flaps 5” during Pre Taxi, do I have to say “Oil Quantity Confirmed”? This sentence has never been recognised by the speech recognition system (my fault I guess as English is not my native tongue), and the FO always question (“Are you sure?”) my Flaps 5 setting in the Before Takeoff Checklist, although it was set correctly.Cheers,Bert

I tried two more times now to reproduce what I did before to get the FO into Checkitis, but just cannot seem to do it. It is very similar to me trying to get that bug I experienced on my very first 767 Voice Commander flight with the constant FA button chime during descent. Experienced it once, and since never again.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I have completed 6 flights in the past 3 days-2 where long haul. During 2 of those flights the FO would only respond by "check". I am guessing this is the same issue that started this thread. I too am using Windows XP. This happens at different phases of the flight. Once this "check" issue begins the FO will only follow certain commands-with no response. It will change numbers on the MCP autopilot panel, but will not start any checklists however, one time the FO would set flaps--but again, no verbal response after moving the lever. During the last flight the "Check" response quit, and the FO didn't say anything during the remainder of the flight. He did complete the after shutdown process though, but no verbal response.Hopefully we can figure this out...

Hmmmmmm....There seems to be no pattern or common denominator.I need to collect data from those of you who have experienced this so I can try to "guess" what might be causing it.Since I can't reproduce it, it's going to be tough, though.Please email me at:admin *at* fs2crew.comI need to collect data in a organized, systematic way.Answer these questions:OS:Language of OS:How much memory do you have:What is your CPU:How old is your computer:Using FSX or FS9:Using headset or microphone:At which exact point in the flight did the problem start happening:How many times has this problem occurred (example, 20 percent of all flights):Again, email me the info so I can keep it organized. Thanks,

Guys,I only received three responses to my request for data.One guy said it happened once in 20 flights... one guy said 30 percent of the time and the other guys said 50 to 80 percent of the time.In order to "guess" at this, I'm going to need more data.I have a fairly large 767 user base now, and I assume this happened to more than just 3 of you...Cheers,

Hi Bryan,I have sent you an email previously, but just to update my response I have had this problem occur twice over the weekend.The first time was during an Approach, asking for the Approach Checklist. The second time was before takeoff when asking for the Before Takeoff Checklist. On both occasions, my request for the releveant checklist was being ignored and after 3 or 4 times I checked the FS2Crew mode. In both cases the mode was correct, so I cycled it backwards and forwards and then I had the Check problem appear.Interestingly on the Before Takeoff Checklist problem, I took off anyway and cleaned up the aircraft myself and during the climb and cruise any commands would initiate a response of "check" but then the FO would turn on the lower screen (status display). Even if I turned it off, the FO would turn it back on again when saying Check to any command I issued. May be a clue there.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi Bryan,Interestingly on the Before Takeoff Checklist problem, I took off anyway and cleaned up the aircraft myself and during the climb and cruise any commands would initiate a response of "check" but then the FO would turn on the lower screen (status display). Even if I turned it off, the FO would turn it back on again when saying Check to any command I issued. May be a clue there.Best wishesSteve
Hi Steve,Can you please investigate more what you said above.I really need reproducible steps to figure this weird one out.Cheers,

Hi Steve,Can you please investigate more what you said above.I really need reproducible steps to figure this weird one out.Cheers,
Hi Bryan, I've come across this three times so far. The first time was during taxi out and i wanted to tell the FO to turn the Bleeds off, i didn't know it wasn't a command at the time (I think it should be implemented by the way "Set Bleeds off" or "Bleeds off please") anyway,.. "restore the bleeds" came up in the Green bar instead, after that,..he just kept saying " check" to everything i said and did none of the commands, checklists. I tried switching voice on and off it didn't work either. The second time was just after departure,gear up as usual, flaps in as usual, after takeoff checklist as usual after that,.."check" nothing more to each command,..e.g seat belts auto or any other checklists. The third time,..same thing. Maybe it's a bug in the departure phase ? sometimes fs2crew hears a command related to a particular phase of flight by accident and it may cause problems from there.Widows 7 Ultimate x64 (English)6GB RAMi7 920Using FSXUsing headsetIt happened about 3 out of 12 or so flightsDamien WeekesCaptain 737 BBJ

Hi Bryan, I've come across this three times so far. The first time was during taxi out and i wanted to tell the FO to turn the Bleeds off, i didn't know it wasn't a command at the time (I think it should be implemented by the way "Set Bleeds off" or "Bleeds off please") anyway,.. "restore the bleeds" came up in the Green bar instead, after that,..he just kept saying " check" to everything i said and did none of the commands, checklists. I tried switching voice on and off it didn't work either. The second time was just after departure,gear up as usual, flaps in as usual, after takeoff checklist as usual after that,.."check" nothing more to each command,..e.g seat belts auto or any other checklists. The third time,..same thing. Maybe it's a bug in the departure phase ? sometimes fs2crew hears a command related to a particular phase of flight by accident and it may cause problems from there.Widows 7 Ultimate x64 (English)6GB RAMi7 920Using FSXUsing headsetIt happened about 3 out of 12 or so flightsDamien WeekesCaptain 737 BBJ
Hi Damien,Thank you!Based on your report I think I identified the problem.Cheers!

Hi Damien,Thank you!Based on your report I think I identified the problem.Cheers!
Glad to be of help Byran :)Damien WeekesCaptain 737 BBJ