Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What is causing this problem?

When I am flying, after a while I start seeing these video corruption. Long lines,,long streaks from trees and houses that go all the way to the sky. This rapidly increases and then my PC crashes. If I can capture the images I shall post it here.I started getting this more frequently after I got the AI working.. My hunch its not able to handle either too many polygons and textures or some sort of memory corruption. Anyone else experienced this?I m running FSX on a dual Core OCed to 3.2Ghz.Any idea what hardware that I need to fix? Is it the video card or my memory or what?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

are you using the BP=0 tweak?

are you using the BP=0 tweak?
What is that? Hmmm...

Manny

try thisgo to C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXopen the fsx.cfg file with notepad or similar text editorsearch for [GRAPHICS]and add this line underneath: HIGHMEMFIX=1it should look like this[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1

try thisgo to C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXopen the fsx.cfg file with notepad or similar text editorsearch for [GRAPHICS]and add this line underneath: HIGHMEMFIX=1it should look like this[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1
OK..I shall try that this evening. Thanks again DarioManny

Manny

Try setting your water to 2.0 high.Also make sure you are not running too high FPS - they must be limited, preferrably something like 20% lower than your usual max. framerate. Those errors happen sometimes if your system gets overloaded.On your C2D this shouldn't be much more than 20fps limited.

I think what you are seeing are called Autogen Spikes. From what I have read here they occur when your video card is overloaded/overheated. I have had them on occasion and I can usually get rid of them by reducing Autogen down to normal or sparse. It is also important to have FSX defragged regularly too.

Any idea what hardware that I need to fix? Is it the video card or my memory or what?
That type of corruption is due to overloading of your graphics card. get a new card or reduce your settings. the HIGHMEMFIX setting has no bearing at all on this issue.The BP tweak will probably make it worse but give it a try.All the tweaks in the world will not fix an overloaded system. Get your system runnning right WITHOUT any tweaks and the start to selectively apply them, testing to see if they have any effect. Some will help, some will do nothing and some will make it worse BUT you need a relatively stable base.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Doxio.I think I had a very high number for the Poolsize. But when I commented that out, I did not see those spikes. But in anycase I now have set it up like this inaddition to HIGHMEMFIX = 1 under [GRAPHICS].//Poolsize=70000000UsePools=0RejectThreshold=150000So far no Spikes... I have been flying in different spots where I usually get these spikes.Thanks for you help.Manny.----------------------------------------------------Vic and Bruce,I was thinking the same thing.. Video card heat.But when I made these changes, I have not seen any spikes so far.. Touch wood.:)Manny

Manny

Vic and Bruce,I was thinking the same thing.. Video card heat.But when I made these changes, I have not seen any spikes so far.. Touch wood.:)Manny
Too high a poolsize will also overload the system - so your BP=0 might do the trick - if it works - go fly and have fun!Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors