Sign in to follow this  

FS Sickday

the timing of this thread is incredible! after tonight, i'll have my 2 systems networked and FS2004 running on the monster gaming system. i have been considering taking a "mental health" day. looks like it will be either this Thurs or next Mon. (i HAVE to be at work this Fri.)i'm there!chris

Guest The Ancient Brit

It would seem I am in the most favoured situation of all compared with other contributors to this thread. Being of retirement age and a UK resident I am officially recognised as a Wrinkly by the Department of Stealth and Total Obscurity (Brit. in-joke) and consequentially paid a pension. In my case it amounts to State sponsorship for my virtual flying activities. I feel morally obliged to do as much virtual flying as I can since it not only keeps me out of the pubs saving me money in the process, but stops me hanging around the street corners of my home city, Bangor, Gwynedd, making the place look untidy.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Guest allblack

David,What EXACTLY is your problem?You need to lighten up fella - an occasional "mental health" day (NZ) does no-one any harm, and the work gets made up the next day.Allblack

Guest emergency_pants

Wow... some RUDE responses there! (yikes! Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!)For what it's worth, I'm totally with you on a 'Duvet-day' and why the hell not give it a FS theme? Heheh. There are certainly days where one wakes up and just can't do work. It's an extraordinarily rare day that occurs. Of course, that doesn't really put me on any moral high ground... but then I wouldn't be so conceited as to preach to someone else anyway. *silly face*Power to you, Citizen Smith! ;)Cheers,Simon.

Guest wathomas777

So let me get the straight, ole' mate.You are paid by the crown to fly virtually. Gee I wonder what you do to play hookey from Flight Sim :-)

Hey Gavin...What are you doing wasting time on the internet making posts on the Avsim forum. You have a business to run man...your slacking off...There's more important things in life than wasting time on the internet...get to it!! Relax Man!! LMAO!Regards,TS

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Guest The Ancient Brit

Well yes, that is what it amounts to; I am paid by the State so I can go virtually flying.While I would like to occupy the high moral ground as David, I find that while I can resist most things, I can

Guest pez_man

:-lol Denis, your post was the funniest one I've read in quite some time! Everyone else, plz lighten up a bit! :-)/fredrik

Guest daveg4otu

If nothing else,this is certainly one of the most entertaining threads for a while:-beerchug Dave

Guest wathomas777

So Denis, does the crown require you to submit daily quality reports on the quality of tea and biscuits, or are you only required to submit those reports when they are sub-standard?I also imagine the pier cost quite a few quid, so it is worth having some one around to keep it from walking off.Denis, you are an inspiration to us all. Of course, you have already done your time on the labor treadmill, so I hope you are enjoying your new occupation as much as we enjoy reading about them.And Gov'nr if you could, have a pint for me as well.Cheers.

Guest Fortress

>Department of Stealth and Total Obscurity (Brit. in-joke)Ha! Absolutely spot-on! :)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest crashing_pilot

>I know this is getting on the verge of irrelevance, so I'll>mention FS2004. I love it.>>Now Just for you David,>>It's amazing how "Christians" are so eager to take up the job>that God doesn't want us to do, but so poor at doing the job>he wants us to.>>God holds the power to judge. Why? Because only GOD can>change a man's heart. Thus, when he judges a man, he bases>that on his heart and his relationship with God.>>Christians are commissioned to do three things. Love God,>Spread the Good News of the Gospel, and Love your Neighbor as>yourself. All 4 gospels reflect this teaching.>>If Christians stuck to Loving God, Spreading the Good News.>(not "repent or die", but "Christ died for you and God loves>you") AND loving your neighbor as you love yourself, we would>reflect God's love to our neighbor and allow GOD to change the>man's behaviour.>>But too many of us "Christians" want to act as Judge, Jury and>Executioner, and then use imperfect standards, and what's>worse, we judge a man when we ourselves our unable to change>our own hearts let alone his. Kind of like asking a>quadraplegic to walk and then condemning him when he can't.>>Since Only GOD can change a Man's heart, then Only GOD can>judge the man. >>We are asked to reflect God's love to provide God the>OPPORTUNITY for change. We are not asked to be God and pass>judgement.>>Sermon over. >>Cheers.not only entertaining though.... ;-)well said mate!

the mods must have taken an fs day to have missed this one :-lol regards,Mark:-wave

Regards,

Mark

Well Ive been dying to take that fs sick day as well but with so many issues at work and my boss being ill i find it hard to even ask lol. But trust me ill be taking my fs 2k4 day really soon.(Especially after this horrid Day).BTW dont ya just hate it when you have some holier than thou manager who wants to squeese every red cent worth of work out of ya without being flexible? I hope i never become like that (Yes im a manager as well). Trust me your employees will watch the clock if you watch yours too.:-outta

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders