Sign in to follow this  
Caseyb17

Alignment and FMS Help

I just picked up the J41 last week and have been going through the manual and tutorial with great success. I have run into a problem when setting up from the airport at TUPW. The FMS does not show me located at TUPW but rather at the nearby airport, TUPJ. When I try to enter in TUPW it will not save and the enter button does nothing. It's like it doesn't recognize the airport. Note that I have modified TUPW with ADE from its original configuration, larger rwy and more parking but no position changes. I also updated the NAVDATA to 1007 if that makes a difference. I'm not sure how to correct this. I have relocated to other airports and tested the alignment and everything is fine. Any help would be appreciated.Casey Booth

The FMS uses the airport data that you get from Navigraph including runway lat/lon position. If the scenery is different from the real world data you will get a symptom like this. You can simply ignore it in the JS41 since most departures are flown manually to the first departure fix. You can look in the navdata file wpNavAPT.txt to see what the coordinates are used by the FMS.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan. I checked the wpNavAPT.txt file and TUPW is not in there. Is there a way to manually enter it so that the FMS will recognize the airport? Thanks for your help.Casey Booth

Enter it using the same format as the surrounding airports.Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Dan. I checked the wpNavAPT.txt file and TUPW is not in there. Is there a way to manually enter it so that the FMS will recognize the airport? Thanks for your help.Casey Booth
You can create it in the navdata, just like VHHX is recreated since it was closed. See the article in the knowledge base.However, the reason it's not in the data might be because there are no published terminal procedures. In any event, you can get by with picking a close by airport since the FMS in the JS41 isn't likely to be used for navigation until you are cleared direct to a fix by ATC. You certainly don't need it if there are no SIDs published for this location.

Dan Downs KCRP