Sign in to follow this  
joona_

Serious problem with elevator being "locked"

Joona,when you say you have a cheap stick and that the elevator works using the keyboard... Well it MIGHT be your stick then, that it is just too cheap to cope with LSAS. Be aware that LSAS in the PMDG MD-11 uses the stick inputs to work, so if those inputs are SOMEHOW bad because of a cheap stick, then this might result in problems with LSAS.It works using the keyboard, and the problem does not occur every time you fly. I can't stop thinking that your joystick might be at fault.But before you throw your stick away, you might want to borrow a better one from a friend and test it?Cheers,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hi guys,For me at least, I don't think it is the joystick. I have a CH Eclipse. Something, perhaps another addon, is intrfereing with the autopilot. To me, it is very interesting that the elevator control always returns at 100 ft AGL just as the "copilot" makes the call. Thanks....Steven Cherry

Joona,when you say you have a cheap stick and that the elevator works using the keyboard... Well it MIGHT be your stick then, that it is just too cheap to cope with LSAS. Be aware that LSAS in the PMDG MD-11 uses the stick inputs to work, so if those inputs are SOMEHOW bad because of a cheap stick, then this might result in problems with LSAS.It works using the keyboard, and the problem does not occur every time you fly. I can't stop thinking that your joystick might be at fault.But before you throw your stick away, you might want to borrow a better one from a friend and test it?Cheers,Markus
It is weird that with AP control, keyboard cannot override controling but with joystick I need to move it just a little and the AUTOPILOT AUTOPILOT is screaming right away and it gives system a little control input. Just enough to break AP control and after that it won't work anymore. However, now plane can be controlled from keyboard and not from joystick. But with AP control, it's the other way around. Last night I noticed while I was also having problems with ailerons, I unchecked RCWS equipped from options and aileron control returned immediately. I checked it again and loss of control. Save/load and everything works normaly again. Actually if I think carefully, Im not sure if I know anyone with a joystick.. Maybe I just need to get a new one.
Hi guys,For me at least, I don't think it is the joystick.  I have a CH Eclipse.  Something, perhaps another addon, is intrfereing with the autopilot.  To me, it is very interesting that the elevator control always returns at 100 ft AGL just as the "copilot" makes the call. Thanks....Steven Cherry
That is because I think that the LSAS turns off at 100ft AGL.Joona

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am tired to play with this now. It takes too much energy away from me and simming. I just bought the PMDG:s Boeing 747-400X and am downloading it currently  :(   I'll stick with that for now and return to MD-11 later someday when I'll get a new controller or unless I happen to find a solution for the LSAS some nice day.  :Cry:Joona

Joona Väisänen

Let us all know if you are OK with the 747-400X?   I know it doesn't have LSAS systems.its a BOINGBig%20Grin.gif I still think your thread issue here is joystick centered. PMDG give us slider adjustable input control for the LSGS. so it must be very sensitive to joystick input!And just as a matter of interest, my Saitek X52 mouse decided last night that it would send "down mouse" commands to FSX!!Rolling%20Eyes.gif   Had to re=plug it and set a bigger deadzone for the mouse on the stick.Cheers.David Harrison
The 747 is great. But it's nothing compared to the MD-11 :(   I admit it's kind of a manly feeling to takeoff at night with a fully loaded 747 in MTOW at night. And especially with the RR engines. It makes you drooling with those sounds... I just bought 2GB of DDR3 more and a new DVD player today and just installed Win7 and FSX and everything again. Thank god I needed to install only FSX + SP1/SP2 + REX + MD11/747 + FSUIPC. in FS2004 I had to spend the whole day on installing it. I'll soon try the MD-11. i think there was something wrong with the computer, because in 747 I also had freezing EICAS screens exactly like in MD-11. And also I started having lots of BSOD with the 747. I hope everything is fixed now with more memory and full reinstall into formatted HD.

Joona Väisänen

Getting interesting.. No freezing screens anymore and the LSAS also worked for few flights already until today I installed again the ATI Catalyst 10.4 drivers and LSAS is messed up again... I think it's got something with the ATI drivers.

Joona Väisänen

Interesting reading here!I have been having a number of axis lock-ups on autopilot disconnect, usually at the end of a point to point flight, last night LOWI-EDDH... I am fully stabilized on final, flaps 35, 165KIAS, gear down and locked. When I pass through 1000'RA, I disconnect the autopilot.Sometimes I have lost the elevator axis, sometimes it is the aileron axis, sometimes both. At 30 seconds to touchdown, I don't want to be fiddling with disconnecting LSAS channels and whatnot... So it is G/A and try and get up and out... go around and come in for an autoland, as there is no other way I have found so far to land...I run a C2D E8500 at 3.4GHz on XPSP3 with the 3Gb switch running. 4Gb RAM, and a 512Mb eVGA 9800GTX+ graphics adapter...I have a feeling it is something to do with memory use, as the MD11X quickly gets up to 2+Gb virtual address space used... after going around in EDDH last night, I was turning back to ILS23 for an autoland, and the system just locked up, no warning or error message generated...There are so many possible sources of error (overheating, VM use, drivers, and so on...) that my head hurts :)Andrew

I had this same problem for the first time lastnight on a long haul flight. As soon as ATC cleared me for the visual and I disconnected the autopilot I realized I had no pitch control. As I had read about this problem I quickly changed my lsas settings and it did not fix the problem. I had no choice but to disconnect from vatsim and attempt to crash land the plane as nicely as I could. Problems like this after a long flight are heartbreaking. Andrew Zapata

Hello PMDGThis will be mt first time posting in the forum for help as most times the solution has been found elsewhere. However I thought I would add to the post to help generate possible solutions.So i essentially have the same problem as other users in that both roll and pitch are lock up at some point in the flight.I took off from SLC last night, having tested all the controls before hand and all worked well. As I rotated and pitched the nose up, at 12 degrees it would no longer pitch anymore. I still had the authority of the ailerons, but had to engage the autopilot in order to control the aircraft. I started checking FSUIPC settings and the internal control settings, I adjusted the LSAS sensitivity all off which had no effect. Once the aircraft got into cruise I disconnected the autopilot and now had no pitch and yaw control. I engaged the autopilot and tried to research possible solutions on my other computer. I then hear the altitude warning, and at first glance all looks well, however changing to the 2D panel i realize that the aircraft is climbing and going off course. From the virtual cockpit the screens had frozen. I once again disconnected the autopilot and found my self entering in a spiraling dive as i had no control over roll or pitch!After losing 20,000ft I used the slew key and regained the altitude, once i finished slewing I had an FSX crash, the Cause PMDGMD11.DLL.I'm using Autosave so i restart FSX and find myself cruising along over the desert at F380. I disengage the autopilot and to my suprise I have both ROLL and PITCH control. I engaged the autopilot and every few minutes I checked the controls, after 10-15 the controls would once again lock up. With the autopilot flying the aircraft I can disengage it by changing moving my yoke which gets the autopilot to disconnect, but then no roll control.Disengaging LSAS makes no difference both pitch and roll still remain locked. Also i can confirm what others say about the control of pitch and roll returning 100ft AGL.This is not a once off and has happened many times recently, the problem being it started having not made any changes to the sim, or not that I'm aware of anyway.I would also add I have the FS9 MD-11 and have no problems with it regardless if it's a different sim I think that must have some bearing on the possible problem.I have a Saitek Pro flight yoke and rudder pedals that work fine with all my other aircraft. I'm running The Latest version of active sky evolution, although it is a beta build(614).I have a registered FSUIPC version 4.60a.Any Ideas would be great.Stephen Whittall

I've been flying with the 744X recently so haven't had much time with the MD-11. However few days ago I started using the 3GB switch with FSX. I need to see if it has anything to do with this. At least many problems have vanished with that. I programmed AP master switch to button 1 on joystick so it is directly in front of my finger. And I'm hand-flying the approaches and landings with button pressed if LSAS locks up. The only way I have been able to control the plane. And I am not going for autolands NO WAY! No matter what's the weather, I'll stick for manual landings.

Joona Väisänen

I have not been able to get the LSAS failure anymore. FSX doesn't use 3GB of memory but the 3GB switch is activated. Maybe it helped for it.

Joona Väisänen

I´think is it validation problem, but the video is called PIRATED PMDG MD - 11. Have many illegal PMDG products, and I´don´t like it. Shame%20On%20You.gif

I´think is it validation problem, but the video is called PIRATED PMDG MD - 11. Have many illegal PMDG products, and I´don´t like it. Shame%20On%20You.gif
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and this of course explains why the original video has been "removed by user"This thread is now locked. Don't pirate our product and come here for help. The audacity of some people never ceases to amaze.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and this of course explains why the original video has been "removed by user"This thread is now locked. Don't pirate our product and come here for help. The audacity of some people never ceases to amaze.
Ok... My apologies. Not sure why the original video was reported to indicate a pirated version, but further looking into this proves that Joona actually did buy the aircraft. Joona please accept our apologies for the accusation.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg