Sign in to follow this  
johnstonh

Engine Idle...

When I taxi I move the throttle forward and the 208 moves but when I return the throttle to idle on my joystick the power settings don't return to idle. It sits just above idle therefore it is producing power at idle. Do other people see this problem or is it my joystick? I have only had this problem with the default kingair before. Every other plane I have/own is fine.CheersHugh

Hugh,I'm not seeing this problem, but it may be how you have your throttle set up. Is there provision for a reverse range in your setup? You might try setting it up so that there is a bit of a gap between the reverse range and the forward thrust range.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Hugh,I noticed the same problem with my set up (Logitech joystick). I tried adjusting the throttle using the mouse in the VC and find that I can't get it in the correct position to taxi at an acceptable speed. The Caravan seems to jump a little when the throttle is applied and taxis too fast at idle.Pete

Hugh,I noticed the same problem with my set up (Logitech joystick). I tried adjusting the throttle using the mouse in the VC and find that I can't get it in the correct position to taxi at an acceptable speed. The Caravan seems to jump a little when the throttle is applied and taxis too fast at idle.Pete
Hi,I can't reproduce this problem. I bet it's something to do with your set up. It never happened during testing, so I'm not sure what's going on. For me the airplane taxi's right on, and at very acceptable speeds.

Hi,I can't reproduce this problem.  I bet it's something to do with your set up.  It never happened during testing, so I'm not sure what's going on.  For me the airplane taxi's right on, and at very acceptable speeds.
Thanks for the info, I'll reexamine my set up.Pete

Regardless of whether I use the throttle quadrant (Saitek Pro Flight with no reverse zone set up or anything, using FSUIPC), or using the keyboard F1, F2, F3 keys, the plane accelerates to 35 knots at 1% of throttle...Taxiing is a pain, either going on or off the power, or riding the brakes...Any ideas anyone?AndrewEDIT: It seems to have a lot of roll resistance on the ground...To add, I used the specific tweaks in the forum here