Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Opinions please PMDG 737 2004 version.

Guest rmce

Has anyone used the new 2004 version of Precsion Flight

It looks nice on their site, but I hear it has a lot of issues and eats computer resources.Go to this thread, the PMDG and PIC are discussed:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...19730&mode=full

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest rmce

Thankee for the link.Seems its the eternal FS questions and answers. Does it work? Yes brilliantly! No, rubbish, waste of space etc.Gee, the variables on our hobby are just so immense between individual users its almost impossible to get anty clear answers on anything!(loL)Shall I buy it? Yeah, of course, maybe, who knows! Thanks again,rmce

Guest Toni Rauch

RonI too loved the Dreamfleet 737 primarilly for the avionics and FMC systems etc. In my opinion, the PMDG package running on a 'high-end' system is just as good, although direct comparisons between the two would be misleading as the list of features differ a fair bit....Despite the teething troubles of the PMDG (almost all now fixed through patches), I'd certainly recommend this product. The panel is simply beautiful and very comprehensive (assuming you like technical cockpits), the planes themselves have lots of eye-candy and handle extremely well, and the overall money-for-value factor is very high when compared to many other current commercial 737 products.What's even more impressive is the ongoing support and development of the product by Robert and his team. Like PSS, what really shows here is a genuine care for their customers and their reputation. Customer liaison support is second-to-none, and these guys are not just 'in it for the money'.IMHO, buy it - you won't be disappointed.Toni.

Yeah, that's kind of my feeling. I currently have the DreamFleet 737, PSS Dash-8 and PSS Airbus A320. Out of these three, only the PSS products will be patched to work in FS9. I'm glad I purchased add-ons late, so I'm not out much. I will have to see the DF's new 737 before I decide to get it again. Maybe something else will simply replace it for me, who knows. In FS2002, I find the payware add-ons all have bugs or issues, IMO. The question is, how many bugs are acceptable? I like the PMDG 737 as far as looks go, simply because it's a newer design, and would prefer it over the DF 737, but again, is it going to give me more problems?.All in all, I figure I'll wait until I can upgrade the computer here to something top of the line in a few months then worry about add-ons. :)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest whites

I was in a similar boat to you in that I loved the DF737 and flew it all the time. Finding out that and most of the other aircraft I have purchased not that long ago won't work ever or at least for many months is pretty bad. I couldn't stand the default aircraft!So, I bought the PMDG 737. It certainly has problems but if the VNAV patch ever gets out then hopefully that will be one of the biggest issues taken care of. The patch was supposed to be out yesterday (well, it is monday where I am), we 'll see how it goes!I still fly it a couple of times a day, if I start having VNAV problems I just disengage for awhile and use the other autopilot modes. It definiately has more problems than the DF has at this point and is missing some features like TCAS.Steven.

I have both and I find the 737NG more enjoyable to fly..It handles very well when flown by hand, and the FMC seems much more integrated in the cockpit.The different cockpit view modes are very well thought out and giveyou a great feeling of "being there"..Also, the outside view of the plane is generations improved over the (now ageing) DF737..

Bert

I have about the same system as you and the PMDG runs OK. I know I am short of memory (512)but the plane is flyable. I have only three areas of concern and they might be something that I have overlooked so far.1) The standby compass on the VP is just not up to the rest of the plane. Wish the PMDG team would do that over again.2) I cannot turn down the panel lights on the VP. PMDG's Fly 757/767 series had the ability to turn down the panel lights and DF 737 (FS2002) also had this feature. 3) When you fly the plane in the daytime the panels are gray but flying the same plane at night the panels are tan in color. I am not sure if this is how the real plane is but I always liked the DF gray panel in both day and night mode.Well, apart from this the plane is OK. There are things to sort out yet but it is a good buy. You will need FSUIPC to run this, but PMDG gives you a copy with the download. I don't know if it's a complete copy as I registered my copy before I got the PMDG 737.Just my two cents.Regards,Ed Ward, Jr.www.flywestwind.com

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,The PMDG is a great plane. It still has some bugs that the PMDG team is wrking hard on to iron out. They also have some of the best customer support around. The flight model is wonderful. The VC is awsome and the 2D panel isn't too shabby. It would say it does require a fairly powerful system to run if you expect to get really good FPS. This depends on a few things too. Like what your FS2004 settings are. It has a few different options of models, 2D panel only, 2D an VC panel, and the heaviest system hitter... 2D, VC, and Cabin. So you have some choices to try and help alleviate a bad frame rate/memory hit. But if you are looking for a plane that has an awesome FMC and simulates REALISM to an astonishing level, and a georgeous exterior this is the one to get.Jim Richards