Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

FSgarmin 530 freeware?

Hello, The stock gps unit is a major performance problem in fs9 for me. Has anyone tried the fsgarmin 530 freeware gps in fs2004? Performance? Comments?Thanks,Todd

ToddI tried to install my copy only to be told by FS2004 that the version of FSUIPC supplied with it is not acceptable. Much as I would like to have the freeware Garmin instead of the default that ships with COF I am not going to be forced into buying an addon to be able to do so. In any case, I have no guarantee that the 530 would work with FS2004.David

The freeware Garmin 530 works fine in FS2004 but for it to work you must use a registered version of FSUIPC.Todd (Hmm I see there are a lot of us lately):-)

I figured it out. their are free keycodes for the new FSUIPC so that one can use the fsgarmin in fs2004. No need to have to pay just for the use of Fsgarmin. The keycodes are in the fsgarmin forum below. Now if I can just figure out a way to get the GPS to work outside of windowed mode.Todd

I get accessed denied on the url.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Todd,you may consider then looking the Reality XP Flight Line 530XP Garmin solution as it is a gauge, has a lot of retrofits for popular aircraft to configure it in the 2D panel and the VC, and the latest v2.0 is now offered for FS2004:www.reality-xp.comhope this helps!

Hi JeanLuc,I tried the demo per your site's suggestion as I have Windows ME and FS2004 locks up while loading. Should I give up on getting it to work in FS2004 with ME? A few months ago I tried the demo on FS2002 and it worked. I know FS2004 uses more resources, and I know it will probably work fine with Windows XP, but that is not an option for me right now.Tony

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Tony,make sure to read the User's Manual pertaining to functions which are enabled by default in the 530XP INI file (to cover the most of the user base systems) and not supported for Win98/Me. You have to disbale one option in the .INI for WinMe. Change ExportFpl=YES to ExportFpl=NO and all should be fine like in FS2002. I guess so.There are features in the Win2K/WinXP systems that are simply not available in the other OS, and I believe some features would probably never be available because of this on 98/Me.As often, worth the read (RTFM), because for 99% of users, it just runs smooth, faster than any previous version and as advertised!Also note that in many reported cases it also runs better than the stock XML based GPS500 thanks to the new Garmin Trainer code the 530XP is running in v2.0 - code which is not available directly from the Garmin website or FSGarmin and which makes the Garmin Trainer only take a couple % CPU. A Reality XP exclusivity!Hope this helps!