Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pete_auau

indicator speed goes to zero

Hi all havnt flown the cessna 172 and noticed that when reaching fl about 6000 and at climb rate of 700feet i notice that the speed indicator goes to zero and than than the plane decends until i some how fix the problem by flicking switches on and off like the fuel pump and the fuel heat so was wondering what is the max height of the cessna can fly at and what is the correct switches u need on to get above fl 10000 since i cant get past fl 7000 without the engine stalling eg speed indicator going to zero

Hi all havnt flown the cessna 172 and noticed that when reaching fl about 6000 and at climb rate of 700feet i notice that the speed indicator goes to zero and than than the plane decends until i some how fix the problem by flicking switches on and off like the fuel pump and the fuel heat so was wondering what is the max height of the cessna can fly at and what is the correct switches u need on to get above fl 10000 since i cant get past fl 7000 without the engine stalling eg speed indicator going to zero
Hi Peter,Your 172 is not turbo charged... getting it above 10,000 feet might be tough.You need to switch on your pitot heat... that likely explains the airspeed going to zero.Cheers,

:( thx bryon hope ur working on the fscrew2 for the nx
I am!Cheers,