Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airbus

Megascenery X Oahu Question

Hi:I took advantage of the great deal at PC Aviator recently and downloaded megascenery X Oahu. While flying over several airports I noticed that some textures appear to be missing. Attached is a screen capture of Barbers Pt. NAS. PHNL and Ford Island are similar. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my installation?Thanks for any help!Airbus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Mega Oahu should have installed "AFCAD" files for the airports in its scenery folder. If you have other versions of AFCAD at a higher priority than Mega that could be a source of problems. For example, I think FSG Hawaii mesh ver 2 has a PHJR among others.scott s..

What you see is what you get. The AFCAD files that are placing these massive asphalt ramps are in the Hawaii scenery directory. They are BGL's preceded with the ICAO addresses ie: PHNL-HonoluluInt.BGL and so forth and there are eight of them. I think they detract from the photo realistic textures. I am editing mine for my own use with ADE to expose the underlying phototextures.Al W.

Thanks for all your help! I guess I will have to live with the gray areas for now.Airbus