Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

ENBSERIES plug-in and Alt+Enter crash?

I miss the blooming bloom!
Haha, yeah, and with all the worrying about these CTD's I think I rather be worrying about STD's... hmmmm :( Ok, maybe not

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Let me know if you're able to get compatibility mode to work. I get errors and FSX won't start with XP SP3 mode. First I get an error about the fsdt addon manager screwing up or something then fsx fails to load. I have no idea how I got that addon manager thing back in there,,, must have been a drunk'n moment or something, but if time permits later I'm going to uninstall it again and see what happens. Not much time tonight since I am knee deep in some RC4 refreshers.
RC4 is a great addon, you will enjoy it.As far as compatibility mode goes, it is a no go. I get the same issue with FSDTs addon manager, and once I saw the errors, I had a deja vu moment, that i am pretty sure I tried this before and found that FSDTs stuff doesnt play well with XP Compatability mode.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Dan,I have not read the whole topic but I noticed that the d3d9.dll is only for DX9, right? So if you use DX10 preview in fsx it will give even CRASH. so the d3d9.dll is unique for use with DX9 ok?Could be it!Big hug

It's a DX9.dll so doubt it would even get as much of a glance from DX10. It shouldn't anyway. See figure 1.1DX10 --> :( _____ :( <-- d3d9.dll Figure 1.1

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Given the issues we are experiencing with the ENB bloom, I am grateful that it is the only real issue I have with FSX these days. I've had my share of CTD's and other glitches, but with experience and the help of everyone here in Avsim and other forums, I learned what was causing them, took the necessary steps to fix them, and they are gone. Things are never perfect, and when you stop worrying about FSX crashing in midflight, people tend to notice things that are really just cosmetic that they annoy them (i.e. color palettes that are not realistic, shimmering of non mipped textures, wind shifts), but at the end of the day, they don't stop me from enjoying the main goal of flight simming...simulating flight in as realistic a manner as computer's will allow. When I consider all the things that go wrong with other user's systems, I feel lucky that I'm worried about something like bloom, it could be much worse.

Hello everybody.I had exact same problem. Flights when I used the combo of FSPax and ENBSeries always end with CTD when the final report is called. Since FSPax and ENBSeries are the greatest add-ons (after PMDG, of course) so separate use of them is impossible. I have given this issue some time and seems to be found a solution.So, I used d3d9.dll for Guilty Gear v0.075 (download here http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm). Use dll only, not other files. This dll is the the same functionality and a bit simplier than one for GTA_SA, but for MSFS it is a thing because most effects is not supported by FS.This point is a subject to experiment. You may try remain dll from GTA SA.Next, enbseries.ini should be corrected as follow[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1 //YES, ITS TURNED ON BY DEFAULTAlternativeDepth=0 //CRITICAL!AllowAntialias=0 //CRITICAL!BugFixMode=2 // CRITICAL!SkipShaderOptimization=0 QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=KeyOcclusion=KeyReflection=KeyCombination=KeyScreenshot=KeyShadow=KeyWater=....[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0 //CRITICAL!MaxAnisotropy=4 //indifferently, keep it minimalForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 //CRITICAL!DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 //SET your actual value!ForceDisplaySize=0 //CRITICAL!DisplayWidth=1680 // SET your actual value!DisplayHeight=1050 // SET your actual value!The other sections contain the proper settings of effects quality and must be kept. Lines in bold are critical, the remaining are recommended. Don`t copy the comments past duobleslash. Despite the trigger parameters in [Engine] section are turned off, you must set your actual values, its critical. Here my whole enbseries.ini as example. It based on NickN`s but a little bit modified to my preference.

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=0AllowAntialias=0BugFixMode=2SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=KeyOcclusion=KeyReflection=KeyCombination=KeyScreenshot=KeyShadow=KeyWater=KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=60ChromePower=60UseCurrentFrameReflection=1ReflectionQuality=1ReflectionSourceSpecular=50ReflectionSourceTFactor=50UseAdditiveReflection=1ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=1ReflectionSinglePass=1UseEnvBump=0EnvBumpAmount=100EnvBumpOffset=100ReflectionFlip=0[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=11BloomFadeTime=500 BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=30BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=0BloomConstantNight=0 BloomCurveNight=0BloomScreenLevelNight=10BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=100[sSAO]UseFilter=0OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=1DarkeningLevel=15BrighteningLevel=20 IlluminationLevel=20 AdditiveIlluminationLevel=25UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLighting=1FadeDistance=50UseForAlphaTest=0UseForAlphaBlend=0UseNoiseRandomization=1[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=27ScreenLevelDay=50ScreenLevelNight=1DarkeningAmountNight=20GammaCurveDay=-3GammaCurveNight=-1ColorSaturationDay=1ColorSaturationNight=1UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=0[sHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=40ShadowFadeEnd=80ShadowAmountDay=50ShadowAmountNight=40ShadowScreenLevelDay=40ShadowScreenLevelNight=30ShadowQuality=1UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=2ShadowBlurRange=30[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=4ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60ForceDisplaySize=0DisplayWidth=1680DisplayHeight=1050[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=2MotionBlurVelocity=0MotionBlurRotation=0[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=2DOFNumberOfPasses=1DOFFocusRange=50DOFBlurinessRange=10

Finally, replace UIAutomationCore.dll in C:\Windows\System32\ with one ver. 6.0.6001.18000 of Vista and delete it in C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_0c0d85465bcceb37 (replacing here is impossible anyway). You must have full administrative rights to do it, and don`t forget to keep original files! This eliminated Api.dll-caused CTDs on W7 x64. Just placing this dll in the sim root directory is placebo!I don`t know wich component of this mixture is a magic, and haven`t enough time to find it out. but i have made 3 successful flights before writing this post, 2 of them one by one w\o sim reboot. I changed the views, accessed to menu, used alt+tab w\o problem. No compatibility mode needed I don`t own any PMDG`s craft (going to buy NGX only) but would be nice if it was useful for you. Please test it, hope you get itSorry for bad English

I too have been trying to get this addon stable, my last attempt was based on the plugin not working well with affinity mask, but that did not work.Your work however seems and hundred times more thought out than my last attempt, which I must admit was along the lines of a list ditch effort.I tried this now on two seperate occasions, and both times I had success, not only in completing the flight and closing out FSPax, but also accessing the FSPax flight screen a few times enroute and the menus. I think you solved this riddle, thank you! I will keep using it and see if it holds up. I will keep you informed.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Hi, ScottThank you for your positive feedback. Hopefully it will work without glitches, although do not rule out surprises, especially with multi-monitor systems.I guess, calling FSPax inflight report can serve as a quick test, if OK with it then you may be almost 100% sure so will be at the end of flight.Have you made your flight on PMDG?