Sign in to follow this  
Sun_King_135

MD-10

Hello there.After flying your georgous MD-11 yesterday from Penang to Singapore, there was one question in my mind:Wouldn´t it be possible to re-create the MD-10? I mean, the Cockpit (as far as i could see on images) would only require moderate modifications, as the Aircraft would. And inspite of only knowing one real world operator (FedEx), it my be possible to do it similar to the MD-11 and add some fake Airlines, who really operated the DC-10. With the MD-11 No. 2 Engine a fictious MD-10-40 could be possible, the others would require mods to the intake. The Fuselage would need to be shortened, the vertical stabilizer modified as the tail.It would be nice if it was possible in a similar manner to the 747-400X and the 747 LCF and 747-800. Nothing new from scratch.It´d be great to receive some support with the idea and even greater, if PMDG was indeed having this Aircraft in mind. :)Kind regards.-STEFAN-

Hello Stefan, Please sign your full name to posts in this forum per forum rules, thanks.This topic was very recently discussed. Now I'm going off of a pretty bad memory at the moment, but it is a lot more work than one would think and the MD-10 has lots of the older mechanical gauges. I'm pretty sure it was said that it could be done, but not likely due to time/costs but don't take my word for it of course, just do a search for MD-10 :)Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I would love if PMDG made an MD-10 as I do almost all my -11 flying for Fedex. I know Sky Simulations has one if you buy there MD-11, but (no offense) I heard it wasn't very good.David Schleck (KMKE)
I have/had the SkySims MD-11, which even it is not as intensively modelled in all aspects as the PMDG version which is by far the best and is as per PMDG's usual high standards of research as near as a simulation can get of the original aircraft. The only thing that bugged me about the SkySims version was the constant stabiliser config warning and yet there was no way to set the stab trim unlike with tthe PMDG version,or if there was one I could not locate it. But all said and done,it was better than what was on offer at the time before the long-awaited PMDG hit the sim skies.

Nevertheless, I do still have some hope, that a "747-800" style add on for the MD-11 (MD-10 in this case) may come, if only there were more supporters for this idea! :)Who should I ask from the PMDG Developer Team or has one of them read this topic by now? Or, even better, could this be a surprise?Kind regards.-STEFAN-FISCHER-