Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

will more memory help

hi, when im running fsx it runs qite smooth, however sometimes there is a stutter and i was wondering if i added some more ram would this stop the stutters.my system spec quad core 3.2,4g ddr3 ram, 9800gt graphics card.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

hi, when im running fsx it runs qite smooth, however sometimes there is a stutter and i was wondering if i added some more ram would this stop the stutters.my system spec quad core 3.2,4g ddr3 ram, 9800gt graphics card.
When you say Quad core are you talking CORE 2 Quad or i7? Also what OS are you using? If you're using anything other than a 64bit OS, 4GB is the max you'll be able to get any performance gain from. In fact, doubt you'll see any performance gain from FSX with additional memory anyway since it's CPU reliant.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

A fast hard drive helps. I use a 10,000 rpm model that reduces the latency time to load scenery. A lot depends on the nature of the stutter, simply moving the dials towards the left helps more than anything else.

Dan Downs KCRP

Get a Solid State Drive if you can afford it. Otherwise get a nice cooler and overclock your CPU.

FSX can't use more than 4GB of RAM, even in a 64bit OS, so no I would say that's probably not the root issue. It could be the GPU though, how much RAM is on it?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just noticed ******* has posted a new tutorial on stutters.That may help you out bud.goto the tutorials area.

Just noticed ******* has posted a new tutorial on stutters.That may help you out bud.goto the tutorials area.
thanks i have applied the changes and will test.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750