Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's WaterConstants.Xml

Hi Bojote, Thanks for your hard work. I just installed the Shader 3 mod and I see the ocean wave moving really fast. I got dizzy by looking at this...:( I copied and created the waterconstants.xml on top of this forum and used the flush cache which came with your shader mod 3. My video card is ATI 5870 and I am using REX.Here's the video

BE36,try this setting:<fTimeScale2>-0.016</fTimeScale2>in all <Shader20> sections.Afterwards flush the cache.This is a bit of movement,enough for me.Michael

"Michael, when the shader mod is UN-installed it removes the ALLOW_SHADER_30 line from the fsx.cfg. So, if you installed the shader 3 mod on TOP of an already 'manual' shader 3 installation you will experience exactly what you are describing. Adding ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 back to the [GRAPHICS] section will fix it."Hi *******,the problem still exists.Did,what you`ve mentioned above---no luck.Michael
Michael, is SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0 present if your fsx.cfg file? if so change it to SHADER_OPTIMIZE=1 and make sure you DELETE the Shader Cache MANUALLY. The fastest/easiest way to manually delete your shader cache is this:Press the WIN Logo Key + R and enter the following command:%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\FSXPress ENTERYou should see a Shaders folder, simply RENAME IT. Then restart FSX.

BE36,try this setting:<fTimeScale2>-0.016</fTimeScale2>in all <Shader20> sections.Afterwards flush the cache.This is a bit of movement,enough for me.Michael
Michael, I don't see <fTimeScale2>-0.016</fTimeScale2> under <Shader20>, but I need to add those lines below the <fTimeY2>0.838</fTimeY2> ???Thanks

<fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.300</fWaveFresnelFactorMin> <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>0.500</fWaveFresnelFactorMax> <fSpecularPower>53.384</fSpecularPower> <fSpecularBoost>1.520</fSpecularBoost> <fSpecularBlend>0.605</fSpecularBlend> <fWaveBumpUVScale>9.500</fWaveBumpUVScale> <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation> <fTimeX1>-0.083</fTimeX1> <fTimeY1>0.024</fTimeY1> <fTimeX2>-0.023</fTimeX2> <fTimeY2>0.038</fTimeY2> <fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2>You must only change the number in the above original WaterConstants.xml. from 0.006 to 0.016Michael

<fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.300</fWaveFresnelFactorMin> <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>0.500</fWaveFresnelFactorMax> <fSpecularPower>53.384</fSpecularPower> <fSpecularBoost>1.520</fSpecularBoost> <fSpecularBlend>0.605</fSpecularBlend> <fWaveBumpUVScale>9.500</fWaveBumpUVScale> <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation> <fTimeX1>-0.083</fTimeX1> <fTimeY1>0.024</fTimeY1> <fTimeX2>-0.023</fTimeX2> <fTimeY2>0.038</fTimeY2> <fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2>You must only change the number in the above original WaterConstants.xml. from 0.006 to 0.016Michael
Michael, Thanks! Your setting works perfect! Big%20Grin.gif

BE36.glad you like it.You can also try 0.018 or 0.020.But that`s too fast in my opinion.Michael

About the 'Shader mod' yes. More specifically about water 'customizations' in the waterconstants.xml file such as 'water animation speed', wave height, reflections etc. The waterconstants.xml does not change the water classes. You need UT for that and/or REX to change water colors which is what the other poster was refering to.
Sorry, I guess we aren't all geniuses. I would delete all my posts here but, I can't figure of how to do that either. Anyone know how to do that or would that be more hijacking? :( Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

BE36.glad you like it.You can also try 0.018 or 0.020.But that`s too fast in my opinion.Michael
I agree. 0.16 is the best speed in my opinion. Thanks again!

Ray,don`t worry about this.I think,there are a lot of people out,whowould like to know how to get a moreaccurate look of the water in many regions.Could have been ,someone here knows it.If not,we have to search in an other place.Michael

"Michael, is SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0 present if your fsx.cfg file? if so change it to SHADER_OPTIMIZE=1 and make sure you DELETE the Shader Cache MANUALLY. The fastest/easiest way to manually delete your shader cache is this:Press the WIN Logo Key + R and enter the following command:%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\FSXPress ENTERYou should see a Shaders folder, simply RENAME IT. Then restart FSX."Thanks,that worked.I only wanted to try something,but got back to your shader mod.Much better!Michael

Hi *******,The reflection jumps with a certain interval. Is there anything I can do about that?Thank you!Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Hi *******,The reflection jumps with a certain interval. Is there anything I can do about that?Thank you!Menno
Hi Menno,Check the waterconstant.xml. You'll see it has 3 sections. LOW/MID/HIGH (low is the first one) each section has its own properties, so you need to tweak the values until you find the transition acceptable. This has been discussed here and is also documented in the readme.txt file.

Hi *******,what are your favourite settings for LOW/MID/HIGH?Michael