Sign in to follow this  
danira

NGX FMS

I don`t know if this was mentioned before, but what kind of format will the flightplans of the ngx have?And will it support the "old" plans of the MDs or 747s?The last question: When do we expect the FMS Data to be updateable with navigraph? :Thinking:Thx for now! :(

I would think so. PMDG has used .RT2 files on all their past products, so unless its new coding changed that, i'm certian it will be the same.Navigraph, If the FMC is able to handle NavData the same way as the past products, there wont even be a wait for navigraph because they already have a PMDG compatable out, but if the FMC requires a new format, it could be a while + we will have to buy a second navigraph AIRAC.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Ahh, but they have re-writin the code...Also, with regards to the navigraph, will that have the same format as past PMDG products because otherwise I'll have to buy a new cycle and the times are tight, especially if I'm after buying a 80$ aiplane...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Navigraph - even IF (big IF) the NGX uses a different format you won't have to buy another anything. You only pay for each month's AIRAC once and can then download it for as many addons as you want, as many times as you want with no incremental cost.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Unless they only buy the Airacs once in a while. A new format means they need to buy the new Airac as the current PMDG one they have won't work.For those like you and me (I assume), who are monthly subscribers, we wont have to pay anything extra.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Ahh, but they have re-writin the code...
Well we don't know that yet. Obviously they have improved perfomance with streamlined coding but it still might accept the same format.
Navigraph - even IF (big IF) the NGX uses a different format you won't have to buy another anything. You only pay for each month's AIRAC once and can then download it for as many addons as you want, as many times as you want with no incremental cost.
Yes you would. When you buy an AIRAC subscription it only works for one type of download. So far PMDG is just one AIRAC file for everything they made, but if the code requires a different format we will have to buy a different AIRAC file. EDIT: It should be know that i only have the pmdg 747. If you really do only need to buy it once for different formats in the same AIRAC, I take back what I said. It was the impression I got from their website. Edited by yos233

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

EDIT: It should be know that i only have the pmdg 747. If you really do only need to buy it once for different formats in the same AIRAC, I take back what I said. It was the impression I got from their website.
Each month I download AIRACs for PMDG, LevelD, QualityWings, FSC, VasFMC, vRoute etc. It costs the same for me as it does for you (just getting the PMDG). I promise you, pay once with the first one you download that month then the rest cost nothing.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Bill is right on. You pay for access to the AIRAC, not the individual file. I download PMDG, LDVL, FSC, feelthere, Eaglesoft, Flight1 Coolksy, vRoute (which you no longer need as I have not had to use the code for about half a year) and am not charged per file. I bought the proper amount of credits, used them for the full year subscription, and that is all the money I get charged for.

But what I'm saying ias that the last airac I got was 1005 (I think?), and if the base has changed the NGX format isn'tavaiable for 1005 so I will have to get the latest one, 1010 or so, that has the NGX base... an extra $12.:(

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

But what I'm saying ias that the last airac I got was 1005 (I think?), and if the base has changed the NGX format isn'tavaiable for 1005 so I will have to get the latest one, 1010 or so, that has the NGX base... an extra $12.:(
PMDG releases their planes with the current cycle or 1 cycle behind, so you wouldn't need to buy it until the next cycle.

Nathan

Yes I believe that is correct, since once an Airac expries it is no longer available to download. To get a theoretical NGX compatible file, you would need to purchase a new Airac, but that is off in the future, as I would assume, as already pointed out, that PMDG would release the NGX with current, or very close to it, Navdata, as most addon planes are. Except for the Maddog which still has a disaster of a situation with Navdata, preferring to operate on the fringe and find ways to utilize PMDGs files instead of working with Navigraph and get a file available that would work with their program without having to do what you ahve to do, which I think is borderline if not infact illegal and in violation of rights.

Back on topic - I would expect all existing PMDG compatible plans to work in the NGX but, just like with the MD-11, new and enhanced features in the FMC probably means plans saved from the NGX may not work with older PMDG products.