Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Mouse pointer problem

Outside of FS9 my mouse pointer stays the default white arrow. In FS9 however, it changes to a black arrow, and a white hand if I hover over a cockpit button or similar. At night, black pointer against black background (eg PMDG) makes for a frustrating experience! In Windows (my spec as per signature) I have set the pointer to show when I press the Ctrl key, but it doesn't work in FS.. I use 2 monitors - when I use the mouse on the 2nd. monitor (usually showing FSNavigator) all is fine, but on my main monitor (with FS on it) it changes.Any ideas what is modifying the mouse like this? I haven't tested all my a/c but it certainly happens on those I've flown in the past week (new PC).Thanks,Martin

Outside of FS9 my mouse pointer stays the default white arrow. In FS9 however, it changes to a black arrow, and a white hand if I hover over a cockpit button or similar. At night, black pointer against black background (eg PMDG) makes for a frustrating experience! In Windows (my spec as per signature) I have set the pointer to show when I press the Ctrl key, but it doesn't work in FS.. I use 2 monitors - when I use the mouse on the 2nd. monitor (usually showing FSNavigator) all is fine, but on my main monitor (with FS on it) it changes.Any ideas what is modifying the mouse like this? I haven't tested all my a/c but it certainly happens on those I've flown in the past week (new PC).Thanks,Martin
I get a black pointer too sometimes. I too wonder why...

Since you, guys, are on the latest versions of Windows (I'm still an XP-er, lol) check your mouse profiles. The pointer schemes might be the culprit. Try checking or unchecking some or maybe even set it to none and use the generic one when in MFS. Just a thought.

I had the same problem with a new install of FS9 on a Windows 7 machine. It was solved by reinstalling the ATI video card software and updating the drivers.Peter

Peter Schluter

You can (or rather, I can) get the white mouse pointer back by right clicking any where within FS so that the small Views menu pops up, then left clicking any where outside of the menu, ie, not selecting a menu option.Unfortunately, it seems to return back to black after bringing up the main menu bar using the Alt key...Gary

I solved my black pointer problem by unchecking desktop composition on the comparability section of the flight sim shortcut.