Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Help with posky 777

I have installed posky 777 v2 along with the XML virtual cockpit gauges and I can see all the gauges but not the buttons. For example the autopilot buttons show black empty holes. Please help, thanks.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

First of all, have you installed ALL of the VC textures provided? No wonder those VC areas look black? Another issue might come with the Boeing777-300.gau gauge. You must have at least a properly working mscvr70.dll file to have it working properly. Dave.

Over the last few days I have been working on getting a good B777 for FSX.Finally I have the Aerosim B777-200 with panels from ISG1 working and the B777-300 from Posky with Friendly panels.I now am working on getting good sound for both with the use of the FSX soundcones.Here a screenshot from the VC from the Posky version ( I added my own static Lower Eicas display ) :

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

First of all, have you installed ALL of the VC textures provided? No wonder those VC areas look black? Another issue might come with the Boeing777-300.gau gauge. You must have at least a properly working mscvr70.dll file to have it working properly. Dave.
Okay, thanks I will try that.
Over the last few days I have been working on getting a good B777 for FSX.Finally I have the Aerosim B777-200 with panels from ISG1 working and the B777-300 from Posky with Friendly panels.I now am working on getting good sound for both with the use of the FSX soundcones.Here a screenshot from the VC from the Posky version ( I added my own static Lower Eicas display ) :
Are all those add ons you mentioned freeware?

Alfredo Terrero

Okay I downloaded and installed os777v2_VC_32-bit_BMP_ Textures_FS9 (I'm using FSX but this is the only textures I could find on the site). This is still what I see:Now I need to try that .dll .gau suggestion, but can you explain what you mean by this?

Alfredo Terrero

Okay, I just figured out how to get everything working correctly.
Would you please tell us how? I've been trying to get a functional Posky VC for 2 years!!!!

Would you please tell us how? I've been trying to get a functional Posky VC for 2 years!!!!
Sure. This is what I did. (You have to have boeing777-300.gau(this is from fs9. I can send it to you if you don't have it) and you have to go online and search for msvcr70.dll and download it)1. Go to freeskyproject.com (previously projectopensky.com) and download the 777 aircraft with livery that you want.2. Also download the 32 bitmap textures and the xml gauges for the virtual cockpit.3. Install the main plane file in fsx\simobjects. (You might want to alias the the sound to the 737-800).4. Put the boeing777-300.gau in fsx root\gauge.5. Go to the plane where you installed it in fsx and copy and paste the textures contained in the "32 bit map textures" file you got from freeskyproject in main aircraft folder\texture (when I say texture i mean a texture file that is in the main aircraft folder as this can be named to other things, depending on the airline livery like texture.aa). Overwrite everything when asked.6. Now go back to the 32 bitmap textures folder and copy and paste these two files "$vc_01" and "$vc_02" into rootairplanefolder\panel.7. Install the xml gauges (just follow the readme instructions this comes with) (remember to move the new panel.cfg that this folder brings into rootairplanefolder\panel.8. Go to rootairplanefolder\model. Look at .mdl file. If it doesn't have something like os772_trent800_VC in its name, then go to freeskyproject agai, click on the 777v2, click on model packages, and find the model that your current plane has but with "VC" included in its name. For example, if you have os772_trent800.mdl, look for and download one that says os772_trent800_VC.mdl. Download it and install the new .mdl file in rootairplanefolder\model. Overwrite everything windows says. Then, inside rootariplanefolder\model, edit the model.cfg so it has the name of the new .mdl file.9. Install an add on sound (optional).Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just ask because I might have missed a step, but these are the steps I followed and I installed a 777-200 and then a 777-300 and it worked both times, so it should work if you follow it correctly.

Alfredo Terrero

I installed it a long time ago and everything looks ok but I was never able to operate the AP from the VC. Clicking any of the buttons on the glare shield did nothing. They were not clickable. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I installed it a long time ago and everything looks ok but I was never able to operate the AP from the VC. Clicking any of the buttons on the glare shield did nothing. They were not clickable. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
You probably did something wrong. My autopilot works. For example, the actual heading switches (alt, head, speed, nav, etc.) work and fly the plane correctly. The only thing that doesn't work is the the knobs to change the numbers in the mcp alt, heading, and speed windows, but these can be changed by clicking directly over the numbers, so you probably did something wrong.

Alfredo Terrero

Sure. This is what I did. (You have to have boeing777-300.gau(this is from fs9. I can send it to you if you don't have it) and you have to go online and search for msvcr70.dll and download it)1. Go to freeskyproject.com (previously projectopensky.com) and download the 777 aircraft with livery that you want.2. Also download the 32 bitmap textures and the xml gauges for the virtual cockpit.3. Install the main plane file in fsx\simobjects. (You might want to alias the the sound to the 737-800).4. Put the boeing777-300.gau in fsx root\gauge.5. Go to the plane where you installed it in fsx and copy and paste the textures contained in the "32 bit map textures" file you got from freeskyproject in main aircraft folder\texture (when I say texture i mean a texture file that is in the main aircraft folder as this can be named to other things, depending on the airline livery like texture.aa). Overwrite everything when asked.6. Now go back to the 32 bitmap textures folder and copy and paste these two files "$vc_01" and "$vc_02" into rootairplanefolder\panel.7. Install the xml gauges (just follow the readme instructions this comes with) (remember to move the new panel.cfg that this folder brings into rootairplanefolder\panel.8. Go to rootairplanefolder\model. Look at .mdl file. If it doesn't have something like os772_trent800_VC in its name, then go to freeskyproject agai, click on the 777v2, click on model packages, and find the model that your current plane has but with "VC" included in its name. For example, if you have os772_trent800.mdl, look for and download one that says os772_trent800_VC.mdl. Download it and install the new .mdl file in rootairplanefolder\model. Overwrite everything windows says. Then, inside rootariplanefolder\model, edit the model.cfg so it has the name of the new .mdl file.9. Install an add on sound (optional).Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just ask because I might have missed a step, but these are the steps I followed and I installed a 777-200 and then a 777-300 and it worked both times, so it should work if you follow it correctly.
Many thanks for such a detailed reply.Will try following that.

Here a screenhot from the Posky with ISG1 panels :I intend to some kind of merge so I can use all ISG1 panels like now , but also the FMC , Lower Eicas and Flightplan gauge, like with FP.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Correction : the first screenhot was not only with friendly panels, but with from the Posky with JB panels and extra the Friendly Panels FMC and my custom (static) lower Eicas which colors now match the other displays :

Here a screenhot from the Posky with ISG1 panels :I intend to some kind of merge so I can use all ISG1 panels like now , but also the FMC , Lower Eicas and Flightplan gauge, like with FP.
You can set the background colors on the ISG1 gauges as well if you want the background colors to match the other POSKY gauges or friendly panels, etc.See the POSKY 777 retrofit example on the isgsim retrofits page.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

You can set the background colors on the ISG1 gauges as well if you want the background colors to match the other POSKY gauges or friendly panels, etc.See the POSKY 777 retrofit example on the isgsim retrofits page.Regards.Ernie.
Hi Ernie,Do you happen to know why with the JB panels the VC2 bitmap is read correct and when using the ISG1 panels the chart gauge display and the FMC displays stay black instead of showing the the image like on the screenhot before ?