Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

Do NOT install Wilco Products

The plane handles comparatively to how the real one does. Its a pretty docile plane and extremely sensitive to roll inputs. Speeds are mostly spot on. The only thing I have noticed is that in FSX when you put the gear down, there isn't the pronounced yaw that you get in the real thing. Ill agree with you on the lighting. The VC is well done in my opinion. Its not perfect but its well done. When it comes to the switches, I can use every switch with the exception of the stall warning test switches and some on the mfd that would normally be used in everyday ops. They stated that the add-on wasn't supposed to have a failure simulator. In that case, not EVERY switch would be needed. When it comes to the view point in the VC. Its actually not that unrealistic. You sit pretty high in the real cockpit and you have to look down to see the PFD. However its the same as looking down when driving at your speedometer. As we both know though, looking down in FSX can be somewhat of a task. So I think that the viewpoint issue is an FSX thing. Comparing it to a PMDG add-on is like comparing apples to oranges. The markets that each company advertises to is totally different.
You make a good point on the lack of a failiure system, so not much need in a lot of those switches needing to be clickable.And you seem to know a lot on the real airframe, so can I ask, does the feelthere respond correctly when power settings are changed? I won't get too specific because I don't want to weight the answer, I find the thing to be most bizarre on how the plane responds on a hand flown approach and I change the power setting.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I ran into this same issue when installing the 737 PIC long ago. That one was notorious for having the installer screw up your dll.xml file. Fortunately, PMDG had a fix for this posted on their old OPS Wiki, which was relatively painless. Only took about 10 minutes of editing in notepad to sufficiently straighten the mess out, and get everything working properly again. I do wish Wilco would fix this little glitch, but they seem to have a bad habit of abandoning support of most of their products after about 2-3 years, without even so much as a refresh.I don't even fly the 737 PIC much anymore. I think the PMDG 737 NGX coming out will be the final nail in the coffin for the old Wilco 737 PIC for me, and I'll end up ditching it off my system altogether. Though I might reconsider if they actually update the 737 PIC to something along the lines of the ERJ v2.

You make a good point on the lack of a failiure system, so not much need in a lot of those switches needing to be clickable.And you seem to know a lot on the real airframe, so can I ask, does the feelthere respond correctly when power settings are changed? I won't get too specific because I don't want to weight the answer, I find the thing to be most bizarre on how the plane responds on a hand flown approach and I change the power setting.
In the air, for the most part, yes it does. As a friendly reminder, if you change thrust settings on approach and said thrust settings are a change of more than 5% N1, you will most likely 95% of the time de-stabilize an approach. It only takes a litle change in thrust to get a desired result. If you feel you are starting to leave a stabilized approach, dont jerk thr thrust levers, smotthly change power. On the ground, its totally wacked. On the real thing, you can taxi on one engine fairly easily. Thats with a full load. On the feelthere its just messed up. If you dont mind me asking, what do you notice when chanign power settings?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

If you dont mind me asking, what do you notice when chanign power settings?
The ground stuff is mess up yes, but I don't blame them for that. That is an FSX thing. It is almost impossible to one engine taxi anything on FSX. Its like there is too much friction on the runway. If only the Call! F/O that came with the plane didn't insist on using those darn gust locks!My issue was on an approach, if I saw myself deviate a bit, I then lowered the power just a little. I don't want to give the impresion I am going buckwild on the throttle, I am just trying to make subtle adjustments and I find the aircraft reacting the opposite that I was expecting. I saw myself a little too high on the approach slope (this was an RNAV approach btw), and so I lowered the throttle a bit and I find myself actually now loosing V/S, meaning I am leveling out. This I did not expect to happen. I power up, and my vertical speed increased, it was all backwards. It was like this on my last few runs with the plane and it really threw me for a loop.

The ground stuff is mess up yes, but I don't blame them for that. That is an FSX thing. It is almost impossible to one engine taxi anything on FSX. Its like there is too much friction on the runway. If only the Call! F/O that came with the plane didn't insist on using those darn gust locks!My issue was on an approach, if I saw myself deviate a bit, I then lowered the power just a little. I don't want to give the impresion I am going buckwild on the throttle, I am just trying to make subtle adjustments and I find the aircraft reacting the opposite that I was expecting. I saw myself a little too high on the approach slope (this was an RNAV approach btw), and so I lowered the throttle a bit and I find myself actually now loosing V/S, meaning I am leveling out. This I did not expect to happen. I power up, and my vertical speed increased, it was all backwards. It was like this on my last few runs with the plane and it really threw me for a loop.
Yeah the gust lock is totally screwed on the bird lol. Anyways, with the power changes on approach, this may be dumb to ask but are you changing the attitude by any chance? Its an interesting thing to look for. I will do a flight and see whats up. However, I never noticed it on the real thing. Most likely because the real thing doesn't defy physics. hahah. Now wind could be playing a part as well, if you are getting wind shifts then a head wind would delay what you would expect to see but that's common knowledge which I know you have because you seem like a person who is well versed in this stuff. When making power changes in the real world, you would have to help out the aircraft a tad bit. Meaning, if I reduced power to get back on glide slope, not only would I have to reduce power, I would have to nudge the nose down just a small amount to help it out. The weird thing is that with the rear mounted engines, everything is a tiny bit different. Through out my three months around and in the aircraft, I could never understand why.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Guys-If you DO NOT have problems with wilco products- try uninstalling them.Thats were the problems began. and ended.

Peter Osborn

Guys-If you DO NOT have problems with wilco products- try uninstalling them.Thats were the problems began. and ended.
I would recommend the opposite. If you do not have issues, then by all means, DO NOT uninstall them. Just leave them installed and let the collect virtual dust in your virtual hanger.

Hi everyone that has replied on this thread.  Maybe all of you can help me.  So I understand some of you are able to install the erjv2 and ejetsv2 from feelthere/wilco and they work perfect on your computer.  Then some of you are saying that you shouldn't install them because they mess up your dll.xml file.  Finally!!!!!!!  I've been looking all over the internet for this particular page.  PLEASE!  IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME, BY ALL MEANS PLEASE HELP ME!!!  I think I have this exact problem!  I am wondering if anyone (((((PMDG)))))))))  or someone help me fix my DLL.XML file!   I truely believe this is my problem.  I recently bought both the erj and ejets from wilco and tried to install it into my fsx.  Turns out I get this ERJ.XML HAS STOPPED WORKING message as I was installing it.  Then it said it installed successfully.  Well it lied.  Pulled up the products in free flight not cold and dark but with engines running.  Nothing was working.  Cockpit 2D and 3D VC was totally dead!   SWITCHES WEREN'T MOVING when I WAS SELECTING THEM.  NO DISPLAYS.  THE ONLY THINGS I COULD MOVE OR TURN on was the LIGHTS and the SPEED BRAKES with KEY COMMANDS.  otherwise when I want to turn on or flip everything manually, nothing.  Everything wouldn't move or flip or whatever.  I CAN't DEPLOY MY TR'S.   I CAN START MY ENGINES BUT ONLY WITH KEY COMMAND.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????   Please please please I'm despirate and really want TO FLY THESE AIRPLANES!!!!!!  PLEASE!!  I understand some of you think its the system people like me are using too.  WHAT SYSTEM DO YOU SUGGEST I GET?  PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!  THANKS CONNOR 

Where do you find the dll.xml file?

Disregard my last post, I should have read the entire thread!!

Somebody help and respond to my post!

Why do you reckon someone will help you with your Wilco product in official PMDG forums?

Somebody help and respond to my post!

No problem for me, neither with the EMB175/195 title nor with the Legacy title (which is based on the regional EMB jets' code).

I think this issue was resolved a long time ago; more recent installers shouldn't create any problems anymore.

You can get your dll.xml file fixed by any developer whose products you have bought:

- Aerosoft: via their support forum

- PMDG: via their support ticket system

- FeelThere: via their support forum

As your (older?) FeelThere installer seems to be the culprit here, it's probably best to head for their official forum ...