Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

need help with "nervously" moving ground textures

When I look out the front window everything looks just fine and smooth. When I switch to wing view and look down at the ground I see the ground textures moving back and forth( especially under the wings and around the ac) as the plane overflies the area. This happens with most planes but not with the eaglesoft da42 and the mustang. I have vsync forced on. Any idea how I could fix this ? It is really annoying ! Specs: i7980x (@4.3)-gtx480-win7 x64 Thanks in advance Vic

I don't understand what you mean by back and forth...Are you saying the textures load then get blurry again?Could you post a video showing what you describe?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't understand what you mean by back and forth...Are you saying the textures load then get blurry again?Could you post a video showing what you describe?
No, they load and they are kind of crisp . When i say they move back and forth I mean.. Let's say you're flying north..you look out the window and you see the ground textures moving north and south.. as if there was some kind of earthquake.Not sure how else to describe it. I would create a video but I don't even know how.V

You mean as if, although all ground textures have loaded correctly and are very crisp, the plane itself seems to be flying smoothly but if you look at the ground, it sometimes 'lags'? As if the plane does not move for a split second but the ground then has to catch up and as a result it 'shifts' rather quickly? I have always thought of this as 'stuttering' and I have yet to find the solution to this problem. It's very annoying because the FPS is rock solid at 30FPS but this is still happening.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Hi All,His textures are shimmering. To the OP, you need to adjust your Mip Map levels on your video card downward and see if that helps.

You mean as if, although all ground textures have loaded correctly and are very crisp, the plane itself seems to be flying smoothly but if you look at the ground, it sometimes 'lags'? As if the plane does not move for a split second but the ground then has to catch up and as a result it 'shifts' rather quickly? I have always thought of this as 'stuttering' and I have yet to find the solution to this problem. It's very annoying because the FPS is rock solid at 30FPS but this is still happening.
It's really weird.You look out the window in front of you and it's all nice ,turn around and look out the window down at the ground and just the _ground_ is moving. It's not as if the plane stopped for a microsec. The ground before the plane is fine...while the plane overflies the area ground textures move...when the plane moves past that area the ground is fine again. Usually when I get stutters every thing seems to pause for a split sec. This is my experience at least.

Hi All,His textures are shimmering. To the OP, you need to adjust your Mip Map levels on your video card downward and see if that helps.
Shimmer ? It's more like a "stutter".I don't have shimmering that I know of.

That's a form of texture shimmer.
I stand corrected then.I always thought shimmer was when textures were too "shiny" or "twinkly" so to say. Thanks

When I look out the front window everything looks just fine and smooth. When I switch to wing view and look down at the ground I see the ground textures moving back and forth( especially under the wings and around the ac) as the plane overflies the area. This happens with most planes but not with the eaglesoft da42 and the mustang. I have vsync forced on. Any idea how I could fix this ? It is really annoying ! Specs: i7980x (@4.3)-gtx480-win7 x64 Thanks in advance Vic
Hi VicI kan rekognize exactly what you described.I looks like the shockwave of a large explosion, moving ahead over the ground.It is not stutters or shimming, since the plane is moving along quite nicely as i happens.I don`t know what causes it, but you are not crazy :( Spec: i7-940 gtx480Jen

Hi VicI kan rekognize exactly what you described.I looks like the shockwave of a large explosion, moving ahead over the ground.It is not stutters or shimming, since the plane is moving along quite nicely as i happens.I don`t know what causes it, but you are not crazy :( Spec: i7-940 gtx480Jen
Hi Jen,looks like you are having this problem as well? Let's hope somebody can jump in and help us out :(

Hi Jen,looks like you are having this problem as well? Let's hope somebody can jump in and help us out :(
I recognize this, I assume,its like the earth have to set it self again during a flight, it shakes and it set itself in the right position.its go on and on to reset itself.i solved this problem by the TBM set on 400 instead of 40/80/are 100 .if you have add ons for scenery like photo scenery its perfect.let me know what you discouvered.doeke

Sounds like vertical sync is off.Add this line to your fsx.cfg file, in the [GRAPHICS] section:ForceFullScreenVSync=1or...In your nvidia or ati driver control panel set Vsync to "force on".Hope that helps.-Mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations