Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sixxpak

fmcsetting up the ,"go around" page!

Guest Sixxpak

Hi all Merry x-mass!I was wondering if someone out there new how to set up the "go around page":( I could not find any tutorial on the subject. Any help would be appreciated thx!James, ps, Oh and happy new year's!

Did you look at FMS.60.15? Do you have a specific question?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi everybody, I've just accomplished a successful go around. Well... Almost successful when it comes to the FMS.Entering the hold after (automatically) flying the go around was a breeze. Setting up the new ILS approach from the holding point as well. But the FMS lost all information about approach speeds. I noticed that pretty late, when I left the speed in FMS managed mode and discovered it wouldn't decrease speed at all.I had to estimate the speeds and dial them in manually. Of course the ATS obeyed but the speeds were just a guess. FMS.60.15 doesn't cover that one...Did I miss anything?

Stefan, During go-around this FMC defaults to a cruise altitude of 10.000/FL100.If you stay at the same airport, no diversion, changes are you never climb to that altitude. To get the speeds calculated again enter the actual altitude you climbed to during go-around in the INIT page - Cruise box, Hope it helps, Harry

Hi Harry, thanks for the hint - I'll try it out tomorrow morning!