Sign in to follow this  
RedSpinnaker

Ummmm... Words Fail Me...

Well maybe not... :)After years of hearing about this FS2Crew thing, decided to give it a go and see what the hype was all about. I'm not normally someone to try something new (other than aircraft), and am rather picky about my addons and am skeptical of products that tout immersion and realism as selling points. For instance, bought TrackIR for the realism effect and rarely use it, because it's not real. Anyway, I bought the PMDG JS4100 when it first came out, however forgot what happened but I never got around to flying it.Well, came across my PMDG archive the other day and after the obligatory "hmmm, what's this", and installed it. Figured new aircraft to learn, let's give this FS2Crew thing a whirl so I bought both the button and voice versions to compare them. All I have to say is WOW... Simply WOW...You have to understand I'm a procedures and systems oriented guy, and I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Actually, last time was when I took a Duchess up in some low IMC for fun to shoot some approaches. Brought a friend along (who was also a pilot) and we ran the flight like a crew during the flight. Having that extra set of knowledgeable hands to run the checklists and assist turn a normally stressful flight into something downright enjoyable.It's very rare that I equate the fun I have in the sim to real world flying experiences. FS2Crew definitely raised the bar for me with regards to simulation, so much so that as soon as I tire of the JS4100, I'll be picking up the LVLD and PMDG versions of FS2Crew. It simply makes the sim more realistic and fun.AWESOME Job on what is simply a phenomenal product!I ended up settling on the Voice Commander edition, and will stick with that version for the other products. I have 2 recommendations for consideration in future versions:1 - Ability to have FO set COM radios as well. I see in the manual that you can have him set NAV radios, but no COM radios. When hand flying a departure or approach and you're handed off to either departure or tower, having the ability to acknowledge the handoff and then say "Set 128 point 80 on Com 1" without having to take your hands of the yoke would be a huge benefit, especially when flying online and you can't simply pause.2 - This one has no bearing on realism, but a tiny gauge (could even simply be a small light) that you could add to the VC to indicate the hard mute status.Anyway, thanks again for an awesome product. Gonna go grab some coffee and kick my FS2Crew FO out of bed so he can start the preflight.Cheers,-Dan

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

What a great post to read Dan :( I also like what FS2Crew does for the realism a lot!Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm!!

Richard Åsberg

Hi Dan,Glad you like it and thank you for the kind words!If you want to help support FS2Crew and ensure FS2Crew can survive into the future, please help 'spread the word' about FS2Crew on the various forums.A lot of people still don't know or are unsure about FS2Crew.Cheers,

I have also been enjoying the FS2Crew 767 Voice Commander. Yesterday I flew across the Atlantic from Stockholm to Kennedy in my first long-haul flight using the software. Unfortunately, I had the "check-check" problem on approach, but I'm not sure if that's due to not installing SP1 properly or another problem. Pretty sure it installed right the first time, but I did it again after the flight just to be sure. But, I digress...I too would second the ability to tune COMMS using the FO. As the OP said, it would make departures and arrivals a lot easier, especially online. Even using the default ATC or Radar Contact where you can tune with just responding to the controller, it still means one extra keypress to tune the radio, a valuable hand that can be instead used for maintaining the throttle or whatever else. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice as a future feature. Another thing that I miss from the A320 edition (I think it was) is FO conversations. Sure, they get old quick and there aren't many responses, but it would be nice to "speak" to the FO and have him respond with something. Maybe have three or four scripted things he says to certain words, and then the other things he doesn't understand have him say something like, "I didn't quite catch that" or "No, I don't think it would be a good idea to depressurize the cabin." Of course, these conversations should only be allowed in cruise. This is the bottom of the list of "improvements" that could be added to an already perfect software, so I wouldn't care if it's never added, but I think it would be fun. In fact, I've tried to have a conversation with him already, thinking it was a hidden feature, but he didn't reply, so he must have been using the Lav.I'm looking forward to buying for the PMDG 747 and the iFly if you make it a voice edition. Somehow, the button editions just don't have the same realism effect anymore.I have been recommending this product to folks at my VA, as that is how I was informed of the PMDG 747 edition being released, which led me to discover the LDS 767, which I bought this time.As I've mentioned before, the support given here by you personally, Bryan, is above all I've received elsewhere. You are willing to work with the customers no matter how simple or complex the issue, and you don't use standard "form" responses as a lot of other places do. Thanks for the great product and I very much look forward to other future products, as well as the ones I don't have yet.

I have also been enjoying the FS2Crew 767 Voice Commander. Yesterday I flew across the Atlantic from Stockholm to Kennedy in my first long-haul flight using the software. Unfortunately, I had the "check-check" problem on approach, but I'm not sure if that's due to not installing SP1 properly or another problem. Pretty sure it installed right the first time, but I did it again after the flight just to be sure. But, I digress...I too would second the ability to tune COMMS using the FO. As the OP said, it would make departures and arrivals a lot easier, especially online. Even using the default ATC or Radar Contact where you can tune with just responding to the controller, it still means one extra keypress to tune the radio, a valuable hand that can be instead used for maintaining the throttle or whatever else. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice as a future feature. Another thing that I miss from the A320 edition (I think it was) is FO conversations. Sure, they get old quick and there aren't many responses, but it would be nice to "speak" to the FO and have him respond with something. Maybe have three or four scripted things he says to certain words, and then the other things he doesn't understand have him say something like, "I didn't quite catch that" or "No, I don't think it would be a good idea to depressurize the cabin." Of course, these conversations should only be allowed in cruise. This is the bottom of the list of "improvements" that could be added to an already perfect software, so I wouldn't care if it's never added, but I think it would be fun. In fact, I've tried to have a conversation with him already, thinking it was a hidden feature, but he didn't reply, so he must have been using the Lav.I'm looking forward to buying for the PMDG 747 and the iFly if you make it a voice edition. Somehow, the button editions just don't have the same realism effect anymore.I have been recommending this product to folks at my VA, as that is how I was informed of the PMDG 747 edition being released, which led me to discover the LDS 767, which I bought this time.As I've mentioned before, the support given here by you personally, Bryan, is above all I've received elsewhere. You are willing to work with the customers no matter how simple or complex the issue, and you don't use standard "form" responses as a lot of other places do. Thanks for the great product and I very much look forward to other future products, as well as the ones I don't have yet.
Hi,Long conversations generally don't work with voice... it would require the user to say the sentence almost exactly, and that would get tricky for a lot of users especially if the sentence is long.Check-Check: Make sure you install SP1 from the website. That seems to clear it up.Cheers,