Sign in to follow this  
Guest ARUBANEZE

Opinions?

Guest venustus01

Recently have been looking at getting the 737 by Wilco.Can someone please advise on the fidelity of this package.I have searched for reviews and opinions and they seemed varied.Already own 767 by lvl d,pmdg 747,flight1 atr,tu154, etc,so I like realism.An objective opinion would be appreciated.Regards,dimitri.

Recently have been looking at getting the 737 by Wilco.Can someone please advise on the fidelity of this package.I have searched for reviews and opinions and they seemed varied.Already own 767 by lvl d,pmdg 747,flight1 atr,tu154, etc,so I like realism.An objective opinion would be appreciated.Regards,dimitri.
HiJust going off on a slight tangent here, as I haven't used the Wilco product, have you considered the Ifly 737, this one I do have, and its extremely good with very good systems modelling, with everything you'd expect from the likes of PMDG etc.http://www.iflysimsoft.com/RegardsMichael

I'm no expert on the 737 whatsoever. To be honest, I hardly know the plane at all, although I have the Wilco 737, Tinmouse 2 and iFly 737. fact is, I don't know how to fly them and thus feel I can't comment on the systems. For all I know, though (from other people), the systems are actually quite good. The modeling of the exterior, however, has its faults. it's not bad, but it's inaccurate. The VC is flat, without any 3D buttons and switches, yet I really like it. I love the "feel" of the VC. That's why I have been reconsidering installing it. fact is that I'm now really into flying the Leonardo maddog. It's no 737, but it's probably the best simulated plane in FS history, offering even more systems than the PMDG MD-11 does (The Maddog also models the circuit breakers, for example!)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I fly 2d Panels only-and have no desire to fly VC (at least for now). I like the Wilco 737 because they feel old, but the complexity of the panel is not as detailed as either the iFly or the PMDG. I would highly recommend them all. If budget were a concern for me I'd get the iFly right now, with the PMDG a VERY close second, if only because of it's proven stability and longevity. Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you do . . .!

I don't have the Wilco 737 yet, mainly because I've seen hints that they may come out with an improved version for FS9 that's more in line with their excellent E-Jets series. Have you tried the freeware Tinmouse II with the new v1.31 upgrade? It's close to the early Classics in panel layout (sans FMC and autoland) and is just terrific in terms of systems depth and operation.

John G.

I've had it for a while and think the Wilco B737 is fine, it includes the -300, -400 and 500 classic variants. Very good systems and it works quite well. The model, textures and VC are not spectacular but overall fine. Very good Flight Dynamics too.There's an AVSIM review of it along with screen shots here:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0206/737PIC/737PIC.htm

The only reason I can see not to buy the iFly is the lack of the older, smaller models that are available in the Wilco package, for which there area a gazillion repaints for those older and less common airlines.I had the Wilco then bought the PMDG, and kept going back to the older model.It´ll be interesting to see if Wilco/Feelthere do actually re-furbish their 737: if it came anywhere near the quality of the EJets it would be very fine indeed.

It's a decent package (and the only 737 classic package out there afaik). It had some teething problems years ago, but it's pretty flyable these days. The visual model is awful though and I have found it to be a framerate hog (admittedly it's been a while since I've used it...), so I've replaced it with the 50North 737s.I disagree with the opinion that it's not as well modeled as the iFly 737. I'd say they are comparable in features. Since the iFly models the NGs, it's obviously newer and has more bells and whistles, but the FT 737 is pretty rich in features for a 737 classic and for its age as a product.That's not to say it's without problems however. While most of my flights go fairly smoothly, it does have a tendency to overbank every now and then and is prone to falling out of the sky at higher sim rates than 2x and handling can be somewhat erratic at times.

Guest venustus01

Thanks everyone for your comments.Judging by the feedback, I think I may have to buy both (wilco and ifly).And since I only use fs9,it seems the pmdg ngx is out of the game for me.What a shame they wont make it for fs9.best regards,dimitri