Sign in to follow this  
NickolasSWE

Maintain Aircraft PLEASE HELP

HiCan those who are the genius help me please!watch the video and can you guys tell me what's wrong, why can't l maintian the 747x in the air (cruising alt)?I use the PMDG 747-400 FSX Load Manager always, flying with IVAO and only have two add on, Level D 767 and Pmdg 747x for FSX. In my Aircraft map is only those not any other and I bought the add on not any cracked program.Thanks a lot and please help me to find out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11XkTm6nEFg

I don´t know wheather it helps, but you should set the baro to 29.92 in a altitude above 18.000ft.

I don´t know wheather it helps, but you should set the baro to 29.92 in a altitude above 18.000ft.
the baro is 29.92 from the beginning but It may change afterward,, but hot to set the baro? :(

First, make sure to set the altimeter to standard above the relevant altitude. That's the first thing I noticed, though it doesn't help your situation.Second, try the abovementioned clearing of the weather to see if it is a weather problem.Third, make sure any hardware trim is neutralized before activating the autopilot, otherwise the signals conflict and the plane starts arguing with itself an oscillating as seen here. I used to have similar issues because I'd set takeoff trim using my hardware trim wheel (an actual wheel which stays in position - it's not a simple digital up/down switch) and not clear it before setting the AP.

Kyle Rodgers

NickolasSWE,See the manual, section 7 pages 15 and 16. On the EFIS/MCP directly above the navigation display is a switch labelled BARO. In the centre of the switch is a button marked STD. Press the button to set the barometer.Dugald Walker

Dugald Walker

It would appear something is pushing the nose over.If this occurs again, can you pull up the CLB page in the FMC? Need to see what the FMC thinks it is doing. It is in VNAV PATH and apparently ignoring the selected altitude.If it occurs again, try hitting ALT HOLD. It seems the aircraft is capable of flying at FL340, so it should hold an altitude there.Best regards,Robin.

Could it be that you are simply too heavy to be at 34000 and the aircraft is constantly compensating?

Could it be that you are simply too heavy to be at 34000 and the aircraft is constantly compensating?
´SirI am not that stupid that I can't see the FMC information Big%20Grin.gif , According to FMC I am able to climb to FL365
First, make sure to set the altimeter to standard above the relevant altitude. That's the first thing I noticed, though it doesn't help your situation.Second, try the abovementioned clearing of the weather to see if it is a weather problem.Third, make sure any hardware trim is neutralized before activating the autopilot, otherwise the signals conflict and the plane starts arguing with itself an oscillating as seen here. I used to have similar issues because I'd set takeoff trim using my hardware trim wheel (an actual wheel which stays in position - it's not a simple digital up/down switch) and not clear it before setting the AP.
hardware trim is neutralized?? :( I didn't knew that hehe, and how can I neutralized it? :(

hardware trim is neutralized?? :( I didn't knew that hehe, and how can I neutralized it? :(
Since you don't understand what I wrote, I doubt it's the issue, but I'll ask anyway:Do you have a joystick? Does that joystick have a trim function associated with it?

Kyle Rodgers

Since you don't understand what I wrote, I doubt it's the issue, but I'll ask anyway:Do you have a joystick? Does that joystick have a trim function associated with it?
Aha, if you mean that I use joystick, hehe, NO, I don't use that stuff Big%20Grin.gif Only I have for FS is MOUSE AND KEYBORD, I use to take off with the trim setting that FMC has been told 6.0, then after take off, gear up and auto pilot set etcBut I tried to not set a trim to 6.0, I mean I took off without trim setting, I use my mouse insted and the result is the aircraft is more stable, its jump up and down as in the video but it not that much, so can it be something with the TRIM?

How do you load the PMDG.Silly question I know but it is the reason for most problems.You are supposed to load a cessna and then turn everything off including fuel control, battery, magneto. EVERYTHINGThen in the fsx menu click aircraft>select aircraft> then select the PMDG plane you want.Usually works for me.

How do you load the PMDG.Silly question I know but it is the reason for most problems.You are supposed to load a cessna and then turn everything off including fuel control, battery, magneto. EVERYTHINGThen in the fsx menu click aircraft>select aircraft> then select the PMDG plane you want.Usually works for me.
Sir.I am load the PMDG with the load manager Big%20Grin.gifYou are supposed to load a cessna and then turn everything off including fuel control, battery, magneto. EVERYTHING, what do you mean by that? how can I turn off those in a default cessna?? :( :( Thanks

He means that you can "load" the PMDG with the load manager as normal...But when you start your flight:1) select your airport & gate2) select the FSX stock Cessna3) choose your weather4) start flight5) once your flight is loaded (you are at the gate in your Cessna), switch off the engine, battery, avionics6) go to FSX menu and go to "select aircraft"7) choose the PMDG 747 that you want to use for this flight8) go to your load manager, select fuel/cargo/PAX, "Send to FSX"9) all done, you can now use the 747 as normal.This seems to eliminate a lot of the problems that people have with the 747. Give it a try and see if this helps for you.ps. I wasn't implying that you were stupid with regards to the maximum flight level, I was merely giving a suggestion. A lot of people come to ask the question why their 747 won't go to 41000 feet at near MTOW because they simply don't quite understand everything yet.