Sign in to follow this  
RampagegoeseRAWR

Annoying light cone effect

Hi there!.I was wondering if any of you guys may know how to get rid of the god awful landing light cones that seem to appear in low visability or when flying through clouds... The one aircraft that is annoying me the most is the SkySimualtions Dc-9.... for a 35Euro addon im genuinly dissapointed with it.... Dont get me wrong, its a lovely addon and they've done a brilliant job... but its filled with bugs and i dont even know if SP2 is comming for the Fs2004 version.....Anyway slightly off subject there, the main thing is those stupid light cones, I'll attach a couple of screenshots so that yall can get the jist of whats grinding my gears....Thankyou for any help, much appreciated. Regards Tom.

That is how FS9 models the lights in Low Visibility,nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.

That is how FS9 models the lights in Low Visibility,nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.
Sooo...There is absolutly no way of disabling this effect :(........I mean I dont want them cone light effects at all, surly there is a way of disabling them?????..............

Yes there is, they are effects called by the (LIGHT) section of the aircraft.cfg. Caveat,,, If they are called by the internal model, then there is maybe nothing to do about it.. I Donot know if a called effect by a model is not found will result in a FS failure, meaning delete the effect. But,, if it is called inside the (LIGHT) section, just remove those entries.Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Yes there is, they are effects called by the (LIGHT) section of the aircraft.cfg. Caveat,,, If they are called by the internal model, then there is maybe nothing to do about it.. I Donot know if a called effect by a model is not found will result in a FS failure, meaning delete the effect. But,, if it is called inside the (LIGHT) section, just remove those entries.Roman
Thankyou Roman... Im beginning to suspect that it is within the model...wich severly upsets me and i feel for all the other people who payed for this addon..... its really bad....sooo im gonna keep badgering Sky Simulations seen as i paid 35 Euros for their Dc 9 and thats the one thats bugging me the most....it just looks rediculous, what where they thinking??.....Oh well thanks for your help chief...Im not gonna give up on this....too much money to just ignore it...Thanks again Roman!.Peace out Tom.

As for the nose light, this is not Sky Simulations specific. This is the limitation of FS9 itself.I've had this effect with PMDG and even the iFly 737. The beacons unless they are hard coded you can change.If they're hardcoded your out of luck.Fly from the flightdeck and don't worry about it is all I can suggest.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

As for the nose light, this is not Sky Simulations specific. This is the limitation of FS9 itself.I've had this effect with PMDG and even the iFly 737. The beacons unless they are hard coded you can change.If they're hardcoded your out of luck.Fly from the flightdeck and don't worry about it is all I can suggest.
Trust me, theyre hardcoded lol...and to be honest i,ve never seen anything so bad on any other addon i had....but it dont matter, Its just one of them things, just gonna have to lump it... I'm over it, hopefully Sky Sim will bring out a second service pack for Fs9 as they did for FSX, just gonna chill for now and try to forget about it... I do all my flights from the flight deck and at 22 using VORs and NDBs LOL i feel as though i should be at least 50 or something....its all fun though especially in bad weather and low visability lol...anyway dude thanks for the reply!..Regards Tom.

The sharp edges to the light cones in low visibility are hard coded. You will just have to learn to live with it I'm afraid!vololiberista

In low visibility, why don't you switch the lights off? In real life, they cause too much glare so wouldn't be recommended in such circumstances, especially at night.Colin B

In low visibility, why don't you switch the lights off? In real life, they cause too much glare so wouldn't be recommended in such circumstances, especially at night.Colin B
The thing is, is that the nose light on that Dc-9 shines through the nose liike in the screenshot....even when it is turned off!!.Thanks for the reply tho, I didnt know that....regards Tom.

The thing is, is that the nose light on that Dc-9 shines through the nose liike in the screenshot....even when it is turned off!!.regards Tom.
That is a very good question Tom. It is also shining in the wrong direction (as if the gear is up). The modeller needs to fix this.

That is a very good question Tom. It is also shining in the wrong direction (as if the gear is up). The modeller needs to fix this.
OMG ED!!!! :) I seen your videos on youtube :(, Awesome dude.... But yeah, I absolutly adore the Skysim Dc-9.... it really is a love hate relationship, its really sad about these small annoying bugs man...but what can you do, I know they must get bombareded with messages and so when i type one to them i end up realising that and getting really frustrated and i end up sending the message and realising that its not as great as it sounded in my mind lol. I had a drink the other night too, after messing about for hours on end trying to eliminate the problem i got more frustrated and posted a bunch of crap on a few forums and the skysim support forum lol, wich i feel bad about.... I just really want to enjoy their product and i cant...and it's such ashame lol.... Oh well enoughThankyou for your reply Ed!... nothing i can do now but wait i guess.Regards Tom.