Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

CRJ-200 cancelled

The CRJ-200 has been cancelled. This product was already 12 months late and apparently the FMS was still a long way from completion!Quote from Japo32 over at the X-Pilot forums

I have to announce somethign that I didn't want to do and that I have fought with all my energy, to not reach.After a totally unstable personal situation of my programmer, and waited for 7 months the recovery of him, I have decided end the professional relationship with him.I have the source code, but I don't understand it. Of course this code is property of Anton Volkov and if someone ends the programming based on Anton's work, Anton would receive a percent (still to determinate) of the sellings.But the real situation is that the CRJ is almost death. I asked before the support of Austin on the CRJ and he was decided to not let it down. But really don't believe that he could raise it, because he has xplane 10 programming and support before the CRJ.So unless someone takes a real and strong position on the programming of the CRJ, I will leave the plane on the folders of my HDD as the great promise that never was.Sorry for all the inconveniences and the illusion I made to all of you. And for sure, thanks for your support. That was the strongest arm of this project.Thanks. Sad
Read about it here:-http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?board=42.0In a somewhat cynical move the CRJ forums over at x-pilot.com have been made read-only to avoid comments by the community.I feel sorry for Japo32 that this product had to be cancelled due to the lack of effort by the systems programmer Anton. The visual model by Japo32 was absolutely amazing so its a real shame this product will never be released.

Matthew S

The CRJ-200 has been cancelled. This product was already 12 months late and apparently the FMS was still a long way from completion!Quote from Japo32 over at the X-Pilot forumsRead about it here:-http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?board=42.0In a somewhat cynical move the CRJ forums over at x-pilot.com have been made read-only to avoid comments by the community.I feel sorry for Japo32 that this product had to be cancelled due to the lack of effort by the systems programmer Anton. The visual model by Japo32 was absolutely amazing so its a real shame this product will never be released.
Sorry to hear this, I believed the CRJ-200 was the best attempt to produce a serious jet liner with systems for X-Plane-9, it's a real loss to the community that it failed.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's very sad, the visual model was absolutely stunning, and it would have gone a long way to bringing the heavy jet flyers to X-plane.I believe there's still a 777 in the works by someone else.

Not to forget the IXEG B737 classic projecthttp://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=47146&st=90The IXEG team is the largest and most qualified team ever assembled in a XP project likethis and has less chances of going to a halt if one or two designers leave.M

I believe there's still a 777 in the works by someone else.
If you mean the XP Jets 777 then I really doubt it will be releasedhttp://www.xpjets.com/Web page not updated since October and even before then the progress has be incredibly slow!Frankly I beginning to doubt that there will ever be a decent airliner (ie with systems) for XP.Maybe the IXEG 737 is the last hope.

Matthew S

Well it also begs the question, X-planes strongest point is its flight modeling, is that dearly important to heavy jet simmers, as opposed to what FS9/X bring to the table in terms of highly detailed airports, accurate traffic, etc...Either way the loss of one or both(CRJ or 777) is a blow to X-plane, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel, Austin said there would be at least one highly detailed heavy in the XP 10 default planes, and I believe Javier is on board designing/polishing planes for Laminar Research, so lets see what they come up with...

Ah, how soon we forget.The 747-200 and 747-400 that my team are making is still going ahead. Programming for the 747-400 systems (including the FMC) is about 80% done and all modelling is about 90% done.They will BOTH be study sim level.747 Series

Ah, how soon we forget.The 747-200 and 747-400 that my team are making is still going ahead. Programming for the 747-400 systems (including the FMC) is about 80% done and all modelling is about 90% done.They will BOTH be study sim level.747 Series
Excellent! I'd forgotten about that, you've been very quiet or maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough for updates...Frankly the 747 is what I'm most interested in. IMO you picked the the most popular aircraft amongst 'heavy' simmers, should sell very well!Will it be 2 separate products? The 200 and the 400? Isn't the 200 just "steam gauges" and no FMS?I guess you're targeting only XP10? Would make sense with 10 being close to release.

Matthew S

Excellent! I'd forgotten about that, you've been very quiet or maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough for updates...Frankly the 747 is what I'm most interested in. IMO you picked the the most popular aircraft amongst 'heavy' simmers, should sell very well!Will it be 2 separate products? The 200 and the 400? Isn't the 200 just "steam gauges" and no FMS?I guess you're targeting only XP10? Would make sense with 10 being close to release.
The 200 will have a custom INS. The 400 will have a custom FMC. They will be 2 separate products.It's almost definitely going to be for xp10 only.

The 200 will have a custom INS. The 400 will have a custom FMC. They will be 2 separate products.It's almost definitely going to be for xp10 only.
Do you really mean "study-sim" level? Will the 200's FE panel be simulated? How many systems? Also the thing that was outstanding about the CRJ-200 was the VC night lighting. Will the 747 be just as impressive in this regard? This is one area where XP can really "out shine" FSX.Does XP10 feature shadow casting (from other aircraft/buildings) and "self shadowing" inside the VC? What about VC cockpit rain effects? FSX just cant do it but the CRJ-200 seemed to feature decent looking rain on cockpit windows.Anyway, I'm sure it will be outstanding whatever you release. Any chance of some new screenshots or movies?

Matthew S

Do you really mean "study-sim" level? Will the 200's FE panel be simulated? How many systems? Also the thing that was outstanding about the CRJ-200 was the VC night lighting. Will the 747 be just as impressive in this regard? This is one area where XP can really "out shine" FSX.Does XP10 feature shadow casting (from other aircraft/buildings) and "self shadowing" inside the VC? What about VC cockpit rain effects? FSX just cant do it but the CRJ-200 seemed to feature decent looking rain on cockpit windows.Anyway, I'm sure it will be outstanding whatever you release. Any chance of some new screenshots or movies?
I really mean study sim level. Nearly everything will be simulated on the FE panel. Things that won't be simulated will be things like toilet fan, emergency oxygen masks, flight voice recorder, etc... Things relevant to aircraft operation will be simulated.The lighting is easy. We did a much smaller version of the lighting on the Duchess. However, XP10 will have a new lighting system so we'll see what happens with that. We experimented with cockpit rain but the datarefs are a little tricky to work with. No movies yet. Screenshots sometime in the next month to 2 months. We need to model and texture more stuff.

That is very, very sad news. I really hope that Austin is able to take this on at some point. Rather gutted.Rhydian

just a bit of info that I don't think was made clear. The CRJ is just on hold. Javier and Cameron have some programmers that are willing to take up the project. They need to sort out the logistics of that and then pick up where Anton left off.

Wow that sucks...Was actually excited to see a little FSX competition...What are ya gonna do?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |