Sign in to follow this  
bank1

Runing FSX W/two monitors second monitor has black screen

Running FSX on a new built computer that is working great.  Except in trying to run 2 or 3 monitors, I undock ATC or GPS or radio stack etc, and drag them to one of the other monitors they sometimes just get black in the moved box and unresponsive and I have to end flight to reset and start over.  I have extended the desktop on all three monitors and sometimes it works without blacking out.  On my old machine running XP it never was a problem.  Now running Windows 7 64 bit with a EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, Z97X-Gaming G1 motherboard, Intel i7 4790 processor.  Would appreciate any suggestions in setting up the display or whatever without having to install some other programs to make it work.  Seems to me if it worked with XP, it somehow ought to work with Windows 7.  Thanks for any responses.

Lewis Block

question

1. are the monitors all identical tpes and sizes?

2. Is the GTX 780 TI card capable of suporting more than 2 monitors?

3. triple head to go digital can assist if you  need to spread the view over three screens.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the necropost highlighting one of my least impressive nuggets of advice in my 11+ years on AVSIM :lol:

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi all,

As far as I am aware, I have two monitors which are different sizes and have no issues with FSX. If I use FSX in windowed mode on one monitor then the other is used for EFB or Gplan which works great. However if I am just buzzing around my local airfield and decide to use full screen then I do indeed get a black screen on monitor two. What I do is open up a new view say, spot view, and drag that to the second monitor and then resize the view to fill the screen. Works a charm.

It is worth mentioning that you have to set up the size of both monitors in the FSX settings page.

I was interested in the comment about hiding the windows task bar and getting an increase in performance. I might have to look into that one myself!

Hope that helps any.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

There's a addon that fools FSX into thinking it's in full screen when you can use the 2nd monitor as normal.  So you get the fps advantage while using this program and the 2nd monitor in full screen. It can be used in other games too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Each monitor is a different size, trying to save some bucks. Card supports two monitors and the motherboard has the other monitor. Today I loaded FSX and took it out of full screen, and opened gps and atc and radio stack and moved to other monitors and they did not black out and then went to full screen on primary monitor and they stayed on. Maybe it will work now. Another tidbit of information----I purchased several

downloads of MegaSceneryEarth and did some flying and the scenery is awesome. Rea;;y having fun now. Thanks for the responses.

Lewis Block

Thanks for the necropost highlighting one of my least impressive nuggets of advice in my 11+ years on AVSIM :lol:

your welcome anytime

Still having trouble with pop up boxes (gps, radio stack, etc) going to black when moved to 2nd monitor. Works fine on primary monitor. Windows 7 64 bit, ie7 4790, 16 gig ram, GEforce 780, gigabyte mob, 1tb ssd. Monitors are different resolutions, but worked fine on old XP machine with 3 monitors. Just want boxes open on other monitor

so not cluttering the primary display. Help Thanks in advance.

Lewis Block