Sign in to follow this  
justin48

HSI Nav Problem

I have a problem that is making me crazy and I offer a virtual beer to whoever can come up with the solution.I am flying a modified Carenado Seneca II for FSX. It has the GNS530, instead of the standard GPS.All works fine, except for the HSI.It works well on the ground, all functions correct. But right after take off, the HDG knob becomes non-functional. The heading needle points towards one heading (not apparently determined by anything set in the radios) and will not be moved by clicking on the selector, until after landing, when it works properly again.The course indicator, course deviation needle, and all other aspects of the gauge work fine.I have been through the code, back a forth with no luck.Any ideas?Thanks.Justin Friedland

I have a problem that is making me crazy and I offer a virtual beer to whoever can come up with the solution.I am flying a modified Carenado Seneca II for FSX. It has the GNS530, instead of the standard GPS.All works fine, except for the HSI.It works well on the ground, all functions correct. But right after take off, the HDG knob becomes non-functional. The heading needle points towards one heading (not apparently determined by anything set in the radios) and will not be moved by clicking on the selector, until after landing, when it works properly again.The course indicator, course deviation needle, and all other aspects of the gauge work fine.I have been through the code, back a forth with no luck.Any ideas?Thanks.Justin Friedland
That is really weird... I tried to reproduce the problem and can not..Does the popup HSI also misbehave?Have you modified the autopilot?What happens if you click Ctrl-H?

Bert

Don't think I've modified the autopilot. Popup HSI does the same. HDG bug sets to 255, and will not be moved. CTRL-H causes it to jump to current heading and turn on HDG mode on autopilot, but it them immediately goes back to 255. ARRRG.

Don't think I've modified the autopilot. Popup HSI does the same. HDG bug sets to 255, and will not be moved. CTRL-H causes it to jump to current heading and turn on HDG mode on autopilot, but it them immediately goes back to 255. ARRRG.
OK, try two things:1. Different HSI[Vcockpit01]...gauge00=PA34S1!Altimetro, 19,290,151,153gauge01=Beech_Baron!Horizontal Situation Indicator, 191,2,144,143...2. Edit or replace rxpgns.ini file for the Seneca[GNS530]Popup=15531AutoPilotMode=2Radios=2LinkCdiKey=OnAutoApproach=OffLinkToVor=OnLcdStyle=OnAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=360Trainer=NoKeyClick=OffGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off3. Just a question: does the unmodified Seneca (no RXP 530) work OK?

Bert

A virtual beer to Bert. After trying your two mods with no success, your third question caught my eye. I did a complete uninstall of the Seneca and all my mods, then also deleted the gnsw_530.mem file.When everything was gone, I did a clean reinstall of the aircraft and tried it without the GNS. It worked perfectly. Pressing my luck, I then added the necessary .ini files for the GNS, and changed the panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files to add the GNS, rebooted the computer and voila! All works as it should. Even did a perfect ils coupled landing.My thanks for the inspiration and for the response from both you and jeroen79. This community is great in its willingness to share.Justin