Sign in to follow this  
veshagoo

pmdg md11

hi..i have read the manuals, checked google, done the md11 tutorial egll lszh 4 times and no matter what i do i cannot get the fms to fly the route...im very used to the pmdg 747-400 and have no problems, but the md11 im really stumped..ive checked out a lot of you tube videos on the pmdg md 11 fmc.. i click on auto flight at the taxi, click on nav and at 500 ft click on autoflight and then at 1500 ft click on prof....any help is really appreciated...rgds ken hanson

747400.jpg

hi..i have read the manuals, checked google, done the md11 tutorial egll lszh 4 times and no matter what i do i cannot get the fms to fly the route...im very used to the pmdg 747-400 and have no problems, but the md11 im really stumped..ive checked out a lot of you tube videos on the pmdg md 11 fmc.. i click on auto flight at the taxi, click on nav and at 500 ft click on autoflight and then at 1500 ft click on prof....any help is really appreciated...rgds ken hanson
Ken, When you line up on the runway, what are the autoflight modes you can see on the top of the PFD? (Text AND colour is relevant). A screenshot would be ideal for diagnosing this, if you are able, but a text description will otherwise do fine.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Does it follow the route at all or just wander off route? SID set ok?I'm new to the MD11 and i find if the tutorial, if followed precisely all goes fine.I can now set my own routes, weights and fuel loads and make it to my destination ok.It is completely different to the Boeing but arguably more rewarding.

Did you do the tutorial successfully or are you have problems getting the FMS to follow the route from the tutorial? If your problem is the tutorial, what is the first point that you notice a difference between what the tutorial says should happen and what you are seeing. Can you post a screen shot of that.

hi..thanks to all of you really appreciate the help...here is a screenshot....hi again...as you can see it should be following the fms but it is just going straight... and the speed is all over the place and prof is doing nothing...thanks and rgds ken hanson

747400.jpg

Ken,pls send 3 more screenshots:ready prepared on runway. ready for take-off with opened MCDU at INIT page (slide this open MCDU as best not covering any panels)second shot on runway ready for take-off with opened MCDU an F-PLAN Page and press F-PLAN button once more to see your departure route in there at the top line. Zoom ND that it gets informative for any helpers here.third one: screenshot with opened MCDU on TO/APP pageanother question: is your failure engine active ?And a question beside your problem, why don't you use the widescreen 2D panels?regards

hi..next one coming it is too big for this post...no failures on...is the widescreen 2d panel your 2d panel i like the regular cockpit maybe i should try the 2d..thnaks rgds ken...here is the last one..rgds ken

747400.jpg

one more thing i just thought of is...when i push or pull the...1 fms spd button it comes out then goes back..2 nav the same...and the altitude select knob it goes out and back in..shouldnt they be staying in? rgds ken

747400.jpg

In your second set of screenshots, I can't even see the route at all on the NAV display. When you're on the runway, you should see the runway displayed. In the first shot, it looks like the aircraft expected you to be flying the other way across the fix, for whatever reason. In your screenshot, you're heading 090, and in the tutorial (if I recall correctly) it calls for a runway 27L departure. Are you setting the FMC up for a 27L departure and using real world weather, so that you depart on 9R? If you are in the air and hit DIR INTC and select the first available waypoint, will it proceed direct to that waypoint?The widescreen panel is the same as the 2D panel, except it's for widescreen monitors. Your panel is being distorted because your computer is trying to fit a standard size panel on a widescreen monitor. You set the 2D from standard to widescreen on the load manager. It's still the 2D, it just looks more natural, instead of stretched.No, the knobs spring-latch back into the normal position after a push/pull.

Kyle Rodgers

one more thing i just thought of is...when i push or pull the...1 fms spd button it comes out then goes back..2 nav the same...and the altitude select knob it goes out and back in..shouldnt they be staying in? rgds ken
Ken,Whatever the reason, verify your position.The flight plan LHR-ZRH from a position 0.7 DME from LAX VOR will not work.(4727 nm to go to first waypoint, see ND)Regards,Harry

Ken, Harry has identified the probable issue here. You have loaded the tutorial flightplan from London to Zurich but you are taking off from Los Angeles. I suggest you try creating a flight plan for KLAX to wherever you want to go and see if that works. Reply here if you need further help. :)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

hi guys sori for the confusion...yes somehow i definitely got klax as the rwy...i am going to do the tutorial tomorrow from scratch and see what happens..ill get back to you tommorrow...rgds ken

747400.jpg

hi..just did another flt and the same result..the aircraft would not fly the flight plan just kept going straight...could it be the nav and prof buttons in the wrong position?..and the crosshair (the horizontal line) is always below..it is never perfectly centered..i spent an hour and a half making sure everything was done correctly..sori to be a pain...rgds ken

747400.jpg

SUCCESS.......i re installed the airplane ...now every thing is fine...thanks to everybody who helped appreciate all the help....best rgds ken hanson

747400.jpg