Sign in to follow this  
sonic5

FSX vs X-plane

Guest veeray

Sorry .. i"m sure you need all the spare time to get your 1.7 million polygon airplanes down to a respectable level. So that X-plane can render something other than a walmart.

Obviously, this forum is not the place for you. Please feel free to visit a forum I would like to personally recommend for you.http://forum.avsim.net/forum/136-the-pmdg-support-forum/Happy simming.
Am I blonde or did I miss something?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest veeray

Yes it's a heated debate over exactly how many polys. No blondes allowed! Actually no debate he has his own numbers, I have mine.

I'm saying it's possible to do scenery conversion from FS9/FSX.He's saying it isn't.I'm showing screenshots of successful conversions.He's saying there is 90% of the converted scenery missing.I'm saying the highest polygon count for an x plane add on is 1.7 million.He's saying I should get my model optimized. (When it isn't my model)He keeps arguing his case.I give up trying to make valid points to people who refuse to listen.That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Guest veeray

What do I have to do fire up x-plane and show you 30 airports that didn't convert? I rather enjoy what I paid for in HD....

What do I have to do fire up x-plane and show you 30 airports that didn't convert? I rather enjoy what I paid for in HD....
I have no problem believing they didn't convert for you. What I said was you must be doing something wrong.Show me screenshots of 1 or 2 airports that didn't convert and I'll try to help you.Coming in here saying the conversion doesn't work without any kind of details is rather counter-productive.

One thing I do like is that XP tells you when your renderings are set too high and makes suitability adjustments automatically. No CTD or slow-down to render your flying experience useless.Minor setbacks for me are when setting "bird and deer in nice weather" you get deer running across the airport regardless of where you are. I can imagine an occassional deer on a small runway in a forest somewhere, but all airports I use would have perimeter fencing around them. So how do you keep the deer off the runway? Birds happen whether you like it or not so XP forces you to learn to deal with potential and actual bird strikes. The impact sound and bloody graphics are there too. In fact, I just got smacked by a flock of sea gulls while sitting static on the runway. They bloodied my canopy and killed my no. 1 engine.

Keith Guillory

I heard you can set deer OR birds in XP10.For XP9, you can either have both or neither.

I heard you can set deer OR birds in XP10.For XP9, you can either have both or neither.
That'll be nice. In my 32 years of flying all over the world in the Navy, privately, corporate and commercial, I've only encountered an animal on the runway one time, which was a dog at Burke-Lakefront back in the late 80's. I like the feature in XP9, just wish I could scale it so that it was an extremely rare occurance instead of happening every other time I take off. I also hope that the sloped runways get some attention. I love the feature, which is something I've been craving in MSFS for years, but I am constantly encountering runways that are unusable with the sloped runway feature enabled. But when the contour is right, it's great for immersion.

That'll be nice. In my 32 years of flying all over the world in the Navy, privately, corporate and commercial, I've only encountered an animal on the runway one time, which was a dog at Burke-Lakefront back in the late 80's. I like the feature in XP9, just wish I could scale it so that it was an extremely rare occurance instead of happening every other time I take off. I also hope that the sloped runways get some attention. I love the feature, which is something I've been craving in MSFS for years, but I am constantly encountering runways that are unusable with the sloped runway feature enabled. But when the contour is right, it's great for immersion.
FYI, when you're on the runway, and it's not right, you can set runways to NOT follow terrain contour.Then it goes to flat runways.

FYI, when you're on the runway, and it's not right, you can set runways to NOT follow terrain contour.Then it goes to flat runways.
Yea, that's why I said "but I am constantly encountering runways that are unusable with the sloped runway feature enabled". But it's not a big enough deal to keep X-Plane off my hard drive. I just go somewhere else, and always make sure to do a fly-by before landing. Still, it would be nice if they were all sloped properly, but on the flip side, it beats not having sloped runways at all.

Yea, that's why I said "but I am constantly encountering runways that are unusable with the sloped runway feature enabled".
Oops, Sorry. Multi tasking when I read that.

I just took a little hop in XP9 while I had some spare time, and decided to turn off the sloped runways. That's really not an option for me anywhere because it's pretty much the sole reason why I keep XP installed right now. Without the sloped runways, there's really not much that I like better than FSX, except for the water. I do hope XP10 touches on this issue. If the same technique that's going to be used for landclass/buildings is going to be used at airports, then I think this issue will be solved. If not, the sun will still come up tomorrow.

If the same technique that's going to be used for landclass/buildings is going to be used at airports, then I think this issue will be solved. If not, the sun will still come up tomorrow.
Hrm ... intersting comment, but what exactly do you mean by that: the same technique that's going to be used for landclass/buildings is going to be used at airports ???