Sign in to follow this  
lovetofly28

Need ANSWERS!

Ok. Thanks Tabs.I'll buy Ripjaws X 1333 CL7 (7-7-7-21) 1.5VBut one more question. 4 or 8 Gb? (for fsx)

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

TO ALL,I am so frusterated with my computer that I'm getting a whole new one, and I am wondering, are these specs good enough for PMDG and FSX???Specs: Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit• Intel® Core™ i7-990X six-core Extreme Edition [3.46GHz, 1.5MB L2 + 12MB shared L3 cache]• 24GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [6 DIMMs]• FREE UPGRADE! 1.5TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 1TB• No additional office software• Norton Internet Security™ 2011 - 15 month• 1GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce 460 [2 DVI, mini-HDMI, VGA adapter]• Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner• Wireless-N LAN card• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio• No TV Tuner• Integrated sound• HP wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouseThe rest are accesories, IDC about the price, IS IT GOOD ENOUGH?(Please dont post, oh well this is better... IDC, IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH...)Thanks, Spencer Hayes
SpencerIn my personal opinion you do not want a PC with a good bunch of faster components; you want a balanced PC. Just as an example, no matter how extreme is your RAM and processor on an amazing MOBO and so on... if just only your power supply is not up to scratch, the system will not perform, full stop.My advice is tell us which of the components you have mentioned above is your bee's knees. And we would be able to tell you how to balanced the others.Just a quick example: if your rig is build up arround that great processor, at glance you should reduce the amount of RAM and increase its quality. An nVidia GTX580 should be the bride and definitively, as Ryan pointed out, an SSD. Ofcourse ther are too many details to look at like Win 7 64 and so on.... This is just an example of what I mean.The point is a well balance PC will run faster that another one that is not but has few far superior components.My 2 cents.

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

Guys, the issue with RAM and Sandy Bridge is that you CANNOT use the bclk to OC like you could with the older i7s - RAM runs at 1333 on a Sandy Bridge system, period. The CPU overclock is done with the multiplier now, not the bclk. There's no point in buying DDR3 that's rated higher than 1333 based on everything I've read about Sandy Bridge OCing.
There's still a RAM multiplier. 1066, 1333, 1600, 1866 & 2133It would be retarded to release a platform like this limited to 1333MHz. I think you are talking about H67
Ok. Thanks Tabs.I'll buy Ripjaws X 1333 CL7 (7-7-7-21) 1.5VBut one more question. 4 or 8 Gb? (for fsx)
I hardly ever see FSX memory usage get past 2.5GHz. 4GB should be enough but at current prices it may be a good idea to go with 8GB. Your call

Gracias dazzMe hago un lio al final jeje. Ripjaws x 1333 are 7-7-7-21Ripjaws x 1600 are 7-8-7-24What will be better?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Gracias dazzMe hago un lio al final jeje. Ripjaws x 1333 are 7-7-7-21Ripjaws x 1600 are 7-8-7-24What will be better?
1600 CL7 vs 1333 CL7... a 3% maybe. The price difference is not too big anyway

That system is a terrible value for the money most likely. Any more than around 6-8GB of RAM on a gaming/FS system is pure overkill. The only reason you'd even consider that much is for doing high end video or sound editing/recording. The i7 990X is probably just slightly faster in gaming/FS than the 2500K or 2600K and it's likely $1000+ more. And why does a system with such overkill specs have such a weak video card? With everything else in there I'd expect it to have quad-SLI 580s or something, not a single 460.I'd build something like this yourself, which will have 95% of the speed of that system (probably more actually given that it won't have bloatware installed all over the place on it) and cost you thousands less.Top brand P67 mobo (ASUS, MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte etc)Intel i5 2500K or i7 2600K - OC it with a good cooler (Megahalems, Corsair A70, H70 water system etc)8GB DDR3-1333 (I like Corsair)Nvidia GTX 570 or 580 video card (EVGA is great)Two SSD drives - one for Windows, one for FSX (The OCZ drives are great)A large 1-2TB hard drive (I like the Western Digital Caviar Black series) for normal file storageA large case with good airflow such as the Corsair 600T, Coolermaster HAF series etc.A good power supply (Corsair are the industry standard here) of at least 850W.
That seems like a really good layout, but one more thing, whats a good clock speed for FSX, because my computer clocks at 4.26...... And thats why I think that layouts good...