Sign in to follow this  
SWVA4420

GiFlight Hardware "disappearing" in Win7-64?

Hi Everyone,I have been having a weird problem with my GoFlight hardware "disappearing" after a while in Win7 Ultimate 64 bit. I've installed the most recent GF drivers (W7-64 compatible, they claim), and it still happens. The hardware modules will just vanish from recognition by the GF Config program and by FSX/FS9, and I have to reboot my system t get them to come back. Also, sometimes the lights on various modules stop working. I have their full airliner captain setup with dual EFIS controls. Has anyone else had these problems? (I can't remember if it did this in WinXP Pro 32 bit or not....haven't used it since 11/09). Thanks for any help anyone can provide...Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Everyone,I have been having a weird problem with my GoFlight hardware "disappearing" after a while in Win7 Ultimate 64 bit. I've installed the most recent GF drivers (W7-64 compatible, they claim), and it still happens. The hardware modules will just vanish from recognition by the GF Config program and by FSX/FS9, and I have to reboot my system t get them to come back. Also, sometimes the lights on various modules stop working. I have their full airliner captain setup with dual EFIS controls. Has anyone else had these problems? (I can't remember if it did this in WinXP Pro 32 bit or not....haven't used it since 11/09). Thanks for any help anyone can provide...Jim
Hi Jim,I recently had a similar problem with the Goflight modules going blank and/or not responding. Are you using a Saitek joystick? My problem was a defective Saitek Yoke wrecking my USB bus. I would take a close look at your USB bus and how it is powered. Are you using a powered hub? Bob.. :)

Hi Jim,I had exactly the same issue you describe. It started with Vista 64 and is also present in Win7 (64 bits versions) and is due to the use of USB 2.0 hubs timing out after a while (mostly when the Goflight hardware is not used for a certain period). Only the recent GoFlight hardware are fully compatible with USB 20 hubs in these OS versions.The solution is either only use USB hubs version 1.0 (very rare these days) or when this happens to you, simply exit the goflightbridge program and restart it. You don't need to quit FSX or reboot your PC, the goflight hardwares should be fully functional again.Hope this helps,Patrick (EBBE)

Hi,I was lucky to find this thread. I too have issues. I have the original GF-MCP, the GF-166 radios and some push button modules. My GF166's did not work right. The tuning would lag and sometimes not work at all. Goflight gave me a test program and it passed some of the tests but not all. The conclusion was these were faulty. Now I am not sure if this is true. I hated to shelve them but all were sluggish and undendable. They never mentioned to me the issues you discuss here.I too have a 2.0 buss and use an older Saitek X36F with the X25T throttle. Not sure what I can do as I have a considerable investment here. Also, has Goflight changed ownership? Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsBob

Hi Bob / Jim,an easy method to find out if the USB hub is giving the time out issue is simply to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. If the goflight hardware comes back to life then you know it is a "time-out" issue. Note that in my case the hardware is behaving normally as far as speed is concerned, but it dies after a while, either unplug it and replug or restarting the goflight brigde bring them back to life. This affects GF-45,old P8, and GF-166.This issue did not exist in XP (even with hub 2.0), but started with 64-bits OS versions (Vista / Win 7).Patrick

Hi Everyone,Since this issue started with Win7 64 bit and was not present in WinXP Pro 32, I guess I'll just have to live with it. Everything reconnects and works correctly if I reboot my system. As for unplugging the GF modules, that's not an easy option at all because I have the full airliner setup...not worth the effort! Unless/until GoFlight creates drivers to address this issue, it is what it is.Thanks anyway,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Wow, Guess I'm in the club now too. I just got my Goflight MCP pro with the A19 firmware and have not been able to get it to stay unfrozen on my Win 7 x 64 FSX install, but it works perfectly on my FS2004 install using the same Win 7x64. Now if I plug into my Win7x 32 FSX install it works great also, Just tested out FlightsimLabs FSX PMDG on Win7x64 driver and it worked great for the local area no loss. Luckily I kept my VRi MCP just in case this didn't work out

Well, you might think, at least I do, that Goflight must be aware of these issues. I wish they would step up to the plate here and at least admit there is a problem, that is unless everyone on this thread actually has GF modules which are faulty and it is not the OS at all. It certainly sounds like the supporting software is at fault. Geez, I really miss using the equipment. That is why I asked if GoFlight changed ownership. I remember getting great support initially. Bob

Well, you might think, at least I do, that Goflight must be aware of these issues. I wish they would step up to the plate here and at least admit there is a problem, that is unless everyone on this thread actually has GF modules which are faulty and it is not the OS at all. It certainly sounds like the supporting software is at fault. Geez, I really miss using the equipment. That is why I asked if GoFlight changed ownership. I remember getting great support initially. Bob
I just got a beta driver for one of my birds and the developer told me that fast rotates would cause freezes and that Goflight was aware and a firmware update would be soon. Not sure how accurate his information is, but I would pay FSlabs if they would just port their PMDG driver to MSFS defaults. I just sent Goflight an email asking for help. My VRi MCP despite its minor issues is looking alot better now.Oops deleted my post :( basically said Win7x64 is a no-go FSX or FS2004 unless using FSlabs PMDG driver (Doesn't use GFdevfsx program) , Working great on my Win7x86 install FSX. Fast rotates and all.

HelloI had no end of issues with various USB 2 hubs with my units, I wont get started on the issues I had with W764 and various software that I find useful.Since moving back to XP64 I have no issues at all with my 5 units.I am using 1.95 build 4 of the goflight software.I now only use Belkin USB 1 hubs for my goflight units, these are on the Goflight Compatibility list.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-USB-Hub-ports-external/dp/B0007SQFOU