Sign in to follow this  
lekale20

RealAir Beech Duke B60

Hello! Is there possible that someone who owns this plane would write quide how to do ILS approach with that plane, because i don't know what's matter. I don't know what i do wrong. Allways first I put the ILS frequency to the nav1 and then i put the rwy course. Last thing what i do is that i press the APP on in autopilot. It takes the plane good heading for the rwy put the altitude doesn't change. And the lowest navigation instrument shows two lines and they don't change there is just two red things "NAV" and "GS". Someone help! Sorry for my bad english:(-Leevi

Make sure that the GPS/NAV switch is in NAV position. Regards

Real Deraps

Well, the aircraft is capable of tracking the localiser but it has no capability of following the glidescope by itself. You need to manually control that, in other words follow the glidescope with power/pitchBryan.

Well, the aircraft is capable of tracking the localiser but it has no capability of following the glidescope by itself. You need to manually control that, in other words follow the glidescope with power/pitchBryan.
No you can track a GS with the Duke, via APP Mode in the cockpit

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

But i just said that i can't know the where the GS is going because the lines doesn't move and I'm sure that there is NAV

No you can track a GS with the Duke, via APP Mode in the cockpit
Yes, but the duke has no means of controlling vertical navigation (autothrottle/vnav)so it is still up to the pilot to follow the glidescope.Anyhow, I think I have misread the OP's post.Bryan.

Hello! Is there possible that someone who owns this plane would write quide how to do ILS approach with that plane, because i don't know what's matter. I don't know what i do wrong. Allways first I put the ILS frequency to the nav1 and then i put the rwy course. Last thing what i do is that i press the APP on in autopilot. It takes the plane good heading for the rwy put the altitude doesn't change. And the lowest navigation instrument shows two lines and they don't change there is just two red things "NAV" and "GS". Someone help! Sorry for my bad english:(-Leevi
Can you successfully do an ILS approach with the default Baron?If yes, the Duke is no different. Indeed - make sure the NAV/GPS switch is in the NAV position andmake sure you are below the glideslope when you push APPR. The Duke will follow the glideslope, once itintercepts it.

Bert

An ILS approach in the Duke is very easy to set up. Assuming you are flying with the standard radios and not the Reality-XP Garmin units here is a brief summary:Lets assume you have been cleared for an ILS approach into runway 04R at KBOS (Boston Logan Int'l) KBOS Boston 04R ILS ApproachATC has cleared you to fly a heading of 360 at 2000 feet and expect an ILS approach to RWY 04R.- Tune your NAV1 radio to 110.30 which is the Localizer frequency for 04R.- Set the course (lower left knob) on your HSI to 036.- Make sure your NAV/GPS switch (towards the right side of the center part if the panel next to the radios) is set to the NAV position. - Assuming you are already at 2000 feet, your autopilot will indicate: HDG and ALT. (which is heading and altitude hold)You are approximately 20NM out from runway 04R at the present time and roughly 30 degrees off the final approach course of 036 into 04R. - Press the APP button on the Autopilot. This will arm the auto pilot to intercept the localizer and display LOC in small lettering on the autopilot.- Next set your altitude on the autopilot to 100 feet, but, do not push the VS button on the autopilot as this is your Decision Height. At roughly 16NM from the runway, ATC will tell you tour distance from the airport and clears you to 1800 feet for the ILS approach and to contact Boston Tower on 132.225By this time you should be nearing the point of the intercept on the localizer and will notice that the center of the yellow course line begins to move as NAV1 picks up the localizer frequency. Once the yellow line begins to center the autopilot will turn your Duke to the right for 036 degrees. Since you are at 1800 feet you are at the perfect height to intercept the glideslope. You will now notice two yellow chevrons on either side of the HSI begin to move showing the aircrafts relative position to the glideslope. Once the chevrons are centered in the HSI the autopilot will display "GS" letting you know that it is now perfectly tracking the glideslope. These chevrons are not displayed during normal flight. The aircraft will now automatically begin to follow the glideslope down to the runway. At this point speed management will be critical, because, any abrupt changes in speed will cause a deviation in the glideslope and cause you to be too low or too high. If your feeling good that your aircraft is set correctly you can switch off the autopilot and finish flying the ILS approach your self. If you wish to continue to let the aircraft track the glideslope you can leave the autopilot on. Remember this is a GA aircraft that is not equipped with autoland or VNAV so at some point before you reach the committed Decision Hight for 04R of 99 feet Radar Altitude, you need to take control of the airplane and land.Remember this is just a summarized description of one approach. Every airport is different but the procedure will be very similar. I recently took my Duke to Port Hardy, BC (CYZT) and shot the ILS to runway 11. I let the aircraft get me established on the ILS and then switched the autopilot off and hand flew the rest of the approach with a very slight crosswind. The Duke flew beautifully right down to the runway. Take some time and practice because this is one of the best planes out there to learn ILS approaches in. :(

Nick Preston

An ILS approach in the Duke is very easy to set up. Assuming you are flying with the standard radios and not the Reality-XP Garmin units here is a brief summary:Lets assume you have been cleared for an ILS approach into runway 04R at KBOS (Boston Logan Int'l) KBOS Boston 04R ILS ApproachATC has cleared you to fly a heading of 360 at 2000 feet and expect an ILS approach to RWY 04R.- Tune your NAV1 radio to 110.30 which is the Localizer frequency for 04R.- Set the course (lower left knob) on your HSI to 036.- Make sure your NAV/GPS switch (towards the right side of the center part if the panel next to the radios) is set to the NAV position. - Assuming you are already at 2000 feet, your autopilot will indicate: HDG and ALT. (which is heading and altitude hold)You are approximately 20NM out from runway 04R at the present time and roughly 30 degrees off the final approach course of 036 into 04R. - Press the APP button on the Autopilot. This will arm the auto pilot to intercept the localizer and display LOC in small lettering on the autopilot.- Next set your altitude on the autopilot to 100 feet, but, do not push the VS button on the autopilot as this is your Decision Height. At roughly 16NM from the runway, ATC will tell you tour distance from the airport and clears you to 1800 feet for the ILS approach and to contact Boston Tower on 132.225By this time you should be nearing the point of the intercept on the localizer and will notice that the center of the yellow course line begins to move as NAV1 picks up the localizer frequency. Once the yellow line begins to center the autopilot will turn your Duke to the right for 036 degrees. Since you are at 1800 feet you are at the perfect height to intercept the glideslope. You will now notice two yellow chevrons on either side of the HSI begin to move showing the aircrafts relative position to the glideslope. Once the chevrons are centered in the HSI the autopilot will display "GS" letting you know that it is now perfectly tracking the glideslope. These chevrons are not displayed during normal flight. The aircraft will now automatically begin to follow the glideslope down to the runway. At this point speed management will be critical, because, any abrupt changes in speed will cause a deviation in the glideslope and cause you to be too low or too high. If your feeling good that your aircraft is set correctly you can switch off the autopilot and finish flying the ILS approach your self. If you wish to continue to let the aircraft track the glideslope you can leave the autopilot on. Remember this is a GA aircraft that is not equipped with autoland or VNAV so at some point before you reach the committed Decision Hight for 04R of 99 feet Radar Altitude, you need to take control of the airplane and land.Remember this is just a summarized description of one approach. Every airport is different but the procedure will be very similar. I recently took my Duke to Port Hardy, BC (CYZT) and shot the ILS to runway 11. I let the aircraft get me established on the ILS and then switched the autopilot off and hand flew the rest of the approach with a very slight crosswind. The Duke flew beautifully right down to the runway. Take some time and practice because this is one of the best planes out there to learn ILS approaches in. :(
Thank you very much!I got it working thanks for everyone!EDIT: But I have one problem still, The plane doesn't go Cold and dark?-Leevi

Thank you very much!I got it working thanks for everyone!EDIT: But I have one problem still, The plane doesn't go Cold and dark?-Leevi
Make sure that Cold and Dark is selected from the configuration program and that your realism setting is all the way to the right on FSX.

Nick Preston