Sign in to follow this  
Martin Beauchemin

Future Dash-8

Well I joined the forum pretty much to ask PMDG if they can add the Q400 to the future dash-8. I've been reading that PMDG was only gonna make the 200/300 series of the dash. I think that the Q400 should definitely be part of the future release. It's one of the best turboprops out there and nobody's bothered to make it. (Except for dreamwings but it was freeware and has flight dynamics that make u want to throwup). Anyways, when I saw that PMDG was making a dash-8 series, and saw that they were only making the 200/300, I was sad. All and all, if u (PMDG) makes the Q400 along with the 300/200, u will make me happy and a lot of others happy! :DCheers,Martin Beauchemin (futur pilot of the Q400 in real life) ;)

Malheureusement non, j'ai déjà le Q-300 et il est très bien fait mais il a d'abord été fait pour FS9 et le cockpit VC est ordinaire. Le son est superbe cependant. On a vraiment l'impression d'être dans un Dash 8-300 (que j'utilise souvent pour mes déplacements (Air Canada Jazz).. Pour ce qui est du Q-400, ça fait longtemps que la construction est commencée mais ça semble aller très lentement et on a l'information au compte-gouttes. Pour revenir au son du 300, c'est le son le plus près de la réalité que j'ai entendu jusqu'à maintenant tout appareil confondu. Bonne journéeJ'oubliais, il y a d'autres images sur le forum.http://198.164.146.97/fanda/Forum/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=d206005c5a5d22d5fe8fb43fe4a1489a

Real Deraps

J'ai fais de la recherche sur cette Q400. La modèle de base serait pour FSX. (J'ai FSX donc, je suis content!).J'ai envoyer majestic software un couriel et ils mon dit quils n'ont pas un date de sortie encore. :(

Well I joined the forum pretty much to ask PMDG if they can add the Q400 to the future dash-8. I've been reading that PMDG was only gonna make the 200/300 series of the dash. I think that the Q400 should definitely be part of the future release. It's one of the best turboprops out there and nobody's bothered to make it. (Except for dreamwings but it was freeware and has flight dynamics that make u want to throwup). Anyways, when I saw that PMDG was making a dash-8 series, and saw that they were only making the 200/300, I was sad. All and all, if u (PMDG) makes the Q400 along with the 300/200, u will make me happy and a lot of others happy! :DCheers,Martin Beauchemin (futur pilot of the Q400 in real life) ;)
I think that's like saying "If you make the 737NG, while you are at it can you make the 787?". There are so many differences between the 200/300 and the 400 that the amount of programming would justify a separate release. The depth that PMDG goes to the engines, avionics, etc would have to be reworked. Jack Colwill

What's with the foreign language?Martin I fly the Q400 for a living, and would dearly love PMDG to make one. As it is I am on the development team for the Majestic Q400. It is going to be something really special.

Jack_C I don't mean it like that at all. I just think that it would be a good idea to include the 400 cause it's a truly amazing plane. But now I saw the majestic one and I cried in excitement. In other words nevermind about this suggestion. Deano777, it's called french :( Ur really lucky to be flying the Q400! For what airline may I ask? When I accumulate enough hours I will send my application to porter airlines here in Canada and fly the Q400 aswell. As for the Majestic Q400, I really am liking what I've seen so far! I really can't wait till it comes out!

Now worries Martin. I was just meaning that if PMDG did do the 400 witht he 200/300....1)it would take a lot longer to release 2) the price would probably be pretty high since it really is 2 different planes in one.Jack Colwill

What's with the foreign language?Martin I fly the Q400 for a living, and would dearly love PMDG to make one. As it is I am on the development team for the Majestic Q400. It is going to be something really special.
Dean,Any chance of an insight to how its progressing? Release date if possible.... This year atleast??Regards,Tristan Marchent

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

MartinThe only Q400 operator in the UKTristanI'm not really at liberty to say. All I will say is that it won't be in the near future (next 3 months), but it is progressing very nicely.

The Q400 is basically a full on airliner project - it would have to be more expensive because of the complexity of the systems and the fact that's it's all glass gauges etc. We may consider it in the future, but it is not something we're planning right now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

RyanWhat difference does it make to the developer as to what version you make? Surely you have to start from scratch for each aeroplane, and each aeroplane will have it's quirks etc. I have offered my services to PMDG for free many times but I have not had any response. I can provide everything needed to develope a fantastic Q400 and as most sytems on the Q400 are common to the Q300/200 I see no reason not to make the Q400 instead. Afterall, Bombardier made it a common type rating. The Q300 has been done to death in the past, there is a massive gap in the payware market for a Q400.

Plus it would always be on maintenance....Proving to very unreliable in real life...

Steve Giblin