Sign in to follow this  
acra24

Green button stops working after controls check

Hi, I have been using FS2Crew for Leveld 767, PMDG 747 and Wilco A320 for some time now. All was fine until I installed the winglets version of Leveld 767. When I went through the checklists, and got to the control stick and rudder check the Green button stopped working. I have reinstalled FS2Crew once and got it working again. But I noticed that since downloading and installing a new livery for 767 winglets it has stopped working again. Any ideas what the problem may be?ThanksAcra24Intel Core i7 880 3.07GHz16 GB RAMWindows 7 64 bitFSX SP2.

Hi, I have been using FS2Crew for Leveld 767, PMDG 747 and Wilco A320 for some time now. All was fine until I installed the winglets version of Leveld 767. When I went through the checklists, and got to the control stick and rudder check the Green button stopped working. I have reinstalled FS2Crew once and got it working again. But I noticed that since downloading and installing a new livery for 767 winglets it has stopped working again. Any ideas what the problem may be?ThanksAcra24Intel Core i7 880 3.07GHz16 GB RAMWindows 7 64 bitFSX SP2.
Hi,I'm not sure how a livery itself could affect anything. Please double check the button/joystick assignments again.Also confirm you're running FSX, not FS9.FSX Version:The only thing that connects FS2Crew to the Level-D 767 is the FS2Crew modified panel.cfg file.The panel.cfg file used by the Winglet model "aliases" the panel.cfg file used in the regular 767.In other words, it uses the same panel.cfg file used by the normal 767.Therefore, so long as your panel.cfg file for the normal 767 has FS2Crew entries on it, you shouldn't need to do a thing.FS9/FS2004 Version:Unlike the FSX version, the FS9 Winglet version does NOT alias or share the non-Winglet panel.cfg file.Therefore, you have to copy the FS2Crew modified panel.cfg files over manually to the Winglet model folder.To do that:1. Copy the CFG files located in your regular 767 "PANEL OPTIONS" folder over the CFG files located in the Winglet "PANEL OPTIONS" folderRegular 767 CFG panel location:Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\LVLD_B763\Panel\Panel OptionsWinglet 767 CFG panel location:Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\LVLD_B763_Winglet\Panel\Panel Options2. Lastly, run the FS9 Level-D 767 "Winglet Config Manager" and click "SAVE SETTINGS". Make sure you run the Config Manager as an Administrator!!!

Hello againSorry for the delay. I have completely reinstalled FSX for other reasons. I managed to get FSCrew for LevelD working again but now it's stopped working both on 767-300 and the winglet versions. Right after the controls check the Green Button stops working. I notice that in the Brief Pane the mode never changes from FLT CTRLS. The Red button still works and I can 'say' check for ever but nothing from the Green button. It does start working once I have completed the Approach checklist though and it all works normally from that point onwards. So I miss out the SID review, Before Start checklist and the TO roll call outs. I do get the 'Turn the lower screen off' request but nothing else. The FO does not raise the gear or the flaps but does turn the landing Lights off at FL100. I have reinstalled LevelD + FS2Crew numerous times but it seems to work ok once and then stop working. My head is raw from much scratching. Any ideas?ThanksAndrew

Hello againSorry for the delay. I have completely reinstalled FSX for other reasons. I managed to get FSCrew for LevelD working again but now it's stopped working both on 767-300 and the winglet versions. Right after the controls check the Green Button stops working. I notice that in the Brief Pane the mode never changes from FLT CTRLS. The Red button still works and I can 'say' check for ever but nothing from the Green button. It does start working once I have completed the Approach checklist though and it all works normally from that point onwards. So I miss out the SID review, Before Start checklist and the TO roll call outs. I do get the 'Turn the lower screen off' request but nothing else. The FO does not raise the gear or the flaps but does turn the landing Lights off at FL100. I have reinstalled LevelD + FS2Crew numerous times but it seems to work ok once and then stop working. My head is raw from much scratching. Any ideas?ThanksAndrew
Hi Andrew,What makes it tricky to trouble shoot is when you say it 'works once then stops'.You must be doing something after the 'it works once'.Try using the default key assignment for the Main button. I suspect the issue is in there somewhere.Also be sure to re-read the tutorial flight and follow it to the letter to make sure you're not missing anything.Cheers,

HiSorry, what I meant was that if I reinstall FS2Crew the whole process from start to finish works normally once. But when I use a 767 again the FS2Crew Green Button stops after the Flight Controls check (only for LevelD767) and I cannot make it work unless I reinstall the whole of FSCrew again, and as I have it for PMDG 747, Wilco Airbus 1 & 2, it's apain having to do this. It only started doing this once I installed the winglets version but it happens on both versions. I'm using a SpeedLink Black Widow joystick and have set buttons 5 & 6 as the Green and Red buttons, but the Green Button on the keyboard stops working too. I have done as you suggested and reset my defaults on FSX and will try again. I will let you know what happens. It all sounds weird I know but it workd fine for ages and then has started doing this since the winglet version was installed. I will have a go with the tutorial flight too following it to the letter again and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the very quick responses BTW. As I say, it works perfectly for all the other planes and I find it difficult to use FSX with out it now. AndrewPS Do you know if an FS2Crew version will be developed for the up and coming PMDG 737NGX?

HiSorry, what I meant was that if I reinstall FS2Crew the whole process from start to finish works normally once. But when I use a 767 again the FS2Crew Green Button stops after the Flight Controls check (only for LevelD767) and I cannot make it work unless I reinstall the whole of FSCrew again, and as I have it for PMDG 747, Wilco Airbus 1 & 2, it's apain having to do this. It only started doing this once I installed the winglets version but it happens on both versions. I'm using a SpeedLink Black Widow joystick and have set buttons 5 & 6 as the Green and Red buttons, but the Green Button on the keyboard stops working too. I have done as you suggested and reset my defaults on FSX and will try again. I will let you know what happens. It all sounds weird I know but it workd fine for ages and then has started doing this since the winglet version was installed. I will have a go with the tutorial flight too following it to the letter again and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the very quick responses BTW. As I say, it works perfectly for all the other planes and I find it difficult to use FSX with out it now. AndrewPS Do you know if an FS2Crew version will be developed for the up and coming PMDG 737NGX?
Hi Andrew,Yes, there will be an FS2Crew for the NGX.As for your issue... I'm not sure.. no one else has reported it with the winglets version.Tough one!Cheers,

Hi BryanI have got it working perfectly now. It works normally on both versions. I'm not sure what I did but I tried delaying the call for flaps 15 and controls check until after I had moved off and was taxiing. Sounds mad but it seems to work for me. I cannot figure that one out, but the important thing is that it's working perfectly and I am happy again.Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to NGX. :(

Hi Andrew,Yes, there will be an FS2Crew for the NGX.As for your issue... I'm not sure.. no one else has reported it with the winglets version.Tough one!Cheers,