Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Major problem with Aerosoft EHAM

Hi,I just reinstalled Aerosoft EHAM v1.14 into my heavily customized FS2004 and found out to bad surprize that my EHAM AFCADs that I saved before the re-installation, do work anymore in FS2004. In other words, with 100% AI traffic at EHAM I have no AI planes on the ground. Also, FS2004 does recognize neither runaways nor gates for EHA when I'm trying to select EHAM in Airports' menu.Just a bit more information.1) The scenery is located in Aersoft folder (the installer did the job)2) Exclude file is present.3) My attempts to relocate AFCADs into FS2004/Addon Scenery/Scenery also failed - I had no AI traffic.4) I have my own customized AFCADs created with AFCAD 2.0.This problem happened to me for the first time of 7 years of my FS2004 hobby. I have about 70 various scenery products, try to maintain "clean" directories and I have no idea how to solve this issue.Your help would be much appreciated.ThanksDmitriy

Did you try scan afcad to see if a dupilcate EHAM afcad may be in a wayward folder by accident?

Yes i did a couple of times.PS. Interestingly enough, but when I rolled back to 1.13 (using the same set of AFCADs), the problem has gone.

I had a similar problem too with Aerosoft's EHAM.I tried to close a runway for takeoffs, and when I saved my AFCAD changes, and reloadedFS back to EHAM EHAM AFCAD all the EHAM traffic dissapeared. All the arriving planesoverfly the field but do not land. Only a re-install of the scenery fixed it, I repeated it 3 times, same result soon as theAFCAD was changed for EHAM in any way all the AI planes no longer go there.I've since learned to live with it...for now.Maybe someone has an answer ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

It seems like the developer (again) failed to adjust the scenery for AFCAD files' compatibility in v1.40. Both 1.02 and 1.03 works fine with my AFCAD files.

It seems like the developer (again) failed to adjust the scenery for AFCAD files' compatibility in v1.40. Both 1.02 and 1.03 works fine with my AFCAD files.
I must be missing something here. I own a copy of Aerosoft's EHAM but don't currently have it installed...(I've been doing a fresh install of FS9 on my Core i5 box and haven't started on the Netherlands yet). So please forgive my density here, but why does the compatibility of the airport change the AI traffic? I mean, doesn't the afcad parking and AI flight plans make the AI traffic attracted to the airport? Is the afcad somehow layered poorly...doesn't an afcad always bleed through?Please advise and thanks!Mark

Can this be because the program you are using? Since some AFCADS need to be opened and saved by AFX or ADE, using the Lee Swordy's AFCAD will cause problems.-

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Yeah, I've run into this problem too.Solution:Create a new folder named AMSafcad, and within it create another folder named scenery. Put the AFCAD you want to use in it, and add the folder AMSafcad to your Scenery Library ABOVE the Aerosoft Amsterdam folders.Good luck!Rgds,

Erik!I did exactly as you suggested and the problem has gone. Thank you, mate!!!

I wonder if you told the developer about the problem? I have always found them to be very courteous, helpful and prompt in fixing issues like this. But glad you were able to get it fixed. What are your frame rates like with it? I have held off buying as I heard it was pretty demanding of system resources

Developers have been notified about this and many other issues related to Dreamscenery EHAM released by Aerosoft million of times. I just need to read Aerosoft suppot forums. EHAM is the most problematic Aerosoft release in years.