It will be vanilla trust me, mmmm, vanilla.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern

Well something is not right. I get less FPS without REX, odd. No ENB, no photoscenery, not antilag. Funny. Anyway, without REX I get 32 FPS on average. I feel that something is not right in the system. Oh no, I have tweaks on, better try again.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern

OK, here is all I can get, vanilla as it can be. Frames: 15793Time: 445000Min: 17Max: 62Avg: 35.49

As I was uninstalling REX and then re-installing it, I thought, how would a thread go where we all posted out REX textures and settings. I personally would be for it but what do you think. I know thins shouldn't be here but I don't think I should start a thread just to see what others think. Remember to keep those FSXMark11 results coming!

Hey Guys, Just did a fresh install getting my FSX rig going, I am planing on a GTX 570 or 580 next month. But this is what I have to work with. Not sure If I have the ram time upped to full speed yet? Thanks! FSXMARK11_1.jpg

Only really gain 10FPS with the OC and new GPU for me, I think there is something wrong. It wasn't a complete fresh install but maybe I could just disable some scenery in the scenery library.

Read the instructions Andrew. It tells you exactly what to do for a fair test.

Di Agron

Dell XPS 15 L502X | Intel i5-2540m @ 2.60GHz | 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x2GB) | nVidia GT525M | Seagate 500GB 7200RPM | 15" 1366x768 | 23" LG 1360x768 |

Got a hardware question? Ask:

HERE (Mobo's, Ram, CPU's, custom builds, general hardware etc)

HERE (Graphics cards, monitors, drivers etc)

HERE (Peripherals/Hardware and related drivers)

HERE (Internet/Networking)

PMDG FMC NavData out of date message fix HERE

Benchmark Results FSX.jpg?psid=1 A bit dissapointed with this one. could it be the 590 holding me back? Morten

MOBO: Asus Rampage III Extreme

CPU: Intel i7-970 @ 4.4GHz HT off

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB @ 1600MHz 7-8-7-20 T1

HEATSINK: Corsair H70

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 650D

GPU: Zotac GTX590

PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800w

HDD1: Intel 510 120GB SSD

HDD2: Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black

A bit dissapointed with this one. could it be the 590 holding me back? Morten
Mostly down to the GFX card I would suggest, but partly due to your CPU not being a sandy bridge I think.

P3D v4.5

i7-9700k @ 5ghz, 16gb DDR 3200mhz, MSI Z390-PRO A, Zotac GTX1080Ti Mini, Antec Mercury 360, MSI Vampric 010 Case, 480gb SSD Boot Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

Toshiba 43" 4K TV

Benchmark%20Results%20FSX.jpg?psid=1 A bit dissapointed with this one. could it be the 590 holding me back? Morten
Card isn't holding you back. Its the CPU. Even at 4.4, its no comparison to the SB's. Compare it to the other 1366's that are in the benchmarks

Di Agron

Dell XPS 15 L502X | Intel i5-2540m @ 2.60GHz | 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x2GB) | nVidia GT525M | Seagate 500GB 7200RPM | 15" 1366x768 | 23" LG 1360x768 |

Got a hardware question? Ask:

HERE (Mobo's, Ram, CPU's, custom builds, general hardware etc)

HERE (Graphics cards, monitors, drivers etc)

HERE (Peripherals/Hardware and related drivers)

HERE (Internet/Networking)

PMDG FMC NavData out of date message fix HERE

Card isn't holding you back. Its the CPU. Even at 4.4, its no comparison to the SB's. Compare it to the other 1366's that are in the benchmarks
I'm not sure how you figure it's the CPU. Comparing his result with the other 1366 benchmarks leads me to think it's the GPU. That 590 just isn't playing well with FSX. I would expect a result in the mid 30s with a 580 instead.

Corey Meeks

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

590's really aren't that good for FSX. They have to run slower than a standard 580 and I would think they may be pretty close to a high end OCed GTX 570 for FSX perf.

Since I will be doing a major hardware upgrade soon, here's an entry for the bottom of the list. wink.png(Just to put some "perspective" into the results...)And, *despite* those pathetic numbers, FSX is actually quite playable with the sliders moved down a bit.Of course, using a PMDG on Aerosoft's Anchorage will turn FSX into a slideshow, but doing some bush flying in a Cessna works just fine.