Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER

So Glad Old Site is back!

:rolleyes: So glad old site is back up. Why undo the old one which has been great now for years. It was clean, simple, fast and easy to use. The new site you unveiled recently was clumpy looking, looked like a color blind chart I see at the FAA exams, and was not easy to use. Please, don't try to revamp it again! Keep the old file library and everything else. You only have one site competition, I used to work there, but use Avsim for almost all my flightsim needs ever since parting ways, 10 years ago. Sincerely,Peter

I agree, the new look is to busy. Very hard on old eyes. Color coding or the ability look at new files by flight sim type would be nice.

Phil

Guest fzangger

I agree with you. I found the new site confusing and I have a decent IQ. It's like the saying that I was raised with. KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. It was refreshing seeing the old format back which anyone could follow.

Please, for the love of God don't change back to the "new" site. It was a nightmare. Please, please, please keep it the way it is now.

So will the old library and home page be here to stay? Pleas say yes biggrin.gif I personally like the old one better

Ok the old site does the job but come on it does look very dated. The move to a new style is a good move and hat's off to Avsim volunteers (remember that part please, often forgotten I think) for trying to move Avsim forward.They will make it better, they will make it more user friendly, they will make it easier for them to administer (another important part to remember I think) and they will make it work.Keep up the good work Avsim crew. You have my support, patience and respect.

I'm going to buck the trend and say the old site was tired and needed a refresh. But there was too much info on the new one. Reduce it and it becomes a lot better. Some colour combinations needed rethinking though. Light blue text on a white background is not easily readable.It would be a shame if all that work went to waste. Just put less on it and it will be better.I'm now battening down the hatches ahead of the reactions! :Peace:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So pleased to see the old format come back. Thanks .. Enough said ....

Much much better! Thank you Tom and Avsim staff for listening to your faithfull members.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

With all my respect for the work involved in making AVSIM evolve with time, I too am glad the old site is back:). I felt lost in the new site. Is it akin to when you enter your usual supermarket store and realize they moved the aisle around and changed everything, knowing that soon you'll be accostumed again? I don't know. But my feeling is, the old site is a classic and it works perfectly. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it":) I also felt lost in the library. And one thing I noticed was I was getting many results that didn't have anything to do with my search, something that doesn't happen in the original library (I just checked). That was unnerving.Alex

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal