Sign in to follow this  
ress

Too many trees

Is there a way to reduce the number of trees in FSX? There are way too many everyware.Need specific instructions on how to reduce them if that is possible. New to FSX!

Hi,Just add the following line to your FSX.CFG file and adjust the setting.TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500

Is there a way to reduce the number of trees in FSX? There are way too many everyware.Need specific instructions on how to reduce them if that is possible. New to FSX!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Have the same problem,my local, Waterloo Regenal,Ontario,Canada,grows two dirty great trees right at the end of Rnwy 25, have to allow for them when using the ILS in a 737or heavier,have to turn down auto gen to make it safe,(didn"t know autogen could grow trees?)Dont want to upset any tree hugger types,I,love trees,just not on the end of the runway,can I move them(,I dont have phd in compooters) Win 7-64 Thanks BobG

Hello Bob,Autogen's (auto-generated objects) role is specifically to grow trees and raise buildings. That is all it does.This problem was solved ever since the release of FS by Jim Keir - see his lumberjack packages in the Avsim library:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=lumberjack&FileName=&Author=&CatID=rootBy the way, the trees item indicated above by Mike should be added to the [TERRAIN] section of the configuration file.Best regards.Luis

Do a search in the AVSIM file library for 'Tree Removal'. There is a small scenery add-on that will remove trees from the end of runways.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Hi,Just add the following line to your FSX.CFG file and adjust the setting.TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500
Thanks for the info Mike, can you suggest a number to start with to reduce them by about a third of the default value?

Hi,Well, you have 4500 as a starting (default) value (1500+1500+1500=4500) a third would be 1500. To reduce the trees by 1/3 you would enter a value of 3000.

Thanks for the info Mike, can you suggest a number to start with to reduce them by about a third of the default value?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck