Sign in to follow this  
DeckerZ

iPAD FMC

Just wanted to share this one with you. I have installed a program called Air Display on my iPDA then the corresponding PC version and I am now able to window my LevelD 767 FMC and drag and reposition it on my iPAD screen. It has two-way communication so I am able to type in a flight plan and it will be as if there was a real hardware version of the FMC connected to my computer. Here is a photo and I will make a video and post it if anyone is interested.

Been using this program for a couple months as an fmc for my iPad. The initial connection from iPad to computer can be very finicky. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it don't.

From what I heard you have to run FS9 in windowed mode, for that reason I bought a touchscreen for my FMC, works out cheaper and runs in fullscreen. I still plan on getting a iPAD for charts, FCOM's etc.Would be glad to be told I'm wrong about the windowed part!

Rob Prest

From what I heard you have to run FS9 in windowed mode, for that reason I bought a touchscreen for my FMC, works out cheaper and runs in fullscreen. I still plan on getting a iPAD for charts, FCOM's etc.Would be glad to be told I'm wrong about the windowed part!
Rob, unfortunately it's true that you can only run it in windowed mode and this was also confirmed in a chat I had with their support back in I believe October. It was initially a big disappointment since using it as an FMC was one of the main reasons I bought the iPad. However, now I am not bothered with it since the iPad is constantly used for showing charts. I use Noah Bryants EXCELLENT FSKneeboard app to show all the US airport charts as well as terminal, sectional and IFR high/low charts as well as getting the weather. I find this combination to be incredible useful and it has really changed my way of using the simulator. I also use the iPad for reading manuals (not just flightsim related but for all the different equipment I have in my household) and have charts for the European countries there too.Be prepared though, if you have kids in the house you will have to fight for possession...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I bought a touchscreen for my FMC, works out cheaper and runs in fullscreen.
Hi,Can you elaborate on that? What kind of screen did you buy?A normal (upright position) screen or one that is laying flat on your desk and what screen size?How does it work exactly?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Ah yes you do need to run it in windows mode BUT there is a cool program called Actual Windows Manager and works like a charm. I run 4 monitors. I normally don't like windowed mode because I can't stand the title bar on the top. AWM is easy to set up and make any windowed screen appear like it's in full screen. You can remove the borders, resize the screen you want displayed and much more. It has a 60 day trial. If anyone wants to try it and needs a hand let me know! It works great using my iPad as an fmc.