Sign in to follow this  
squawkvfr

FS Video Ideas?

HiI was planning on making a FS2004 video as a salute on Memorial Day. There's just one problem: I don't know how to make a FS movie yet :PThe only solid thing I have laid down at this point is that it will use Gary Herbert's B-17G with an addon panel (17g.zip on Avsim) and a B-17 soundpack (B17sndpk.zip, also found on Avsim). I was planning on making it a memorial hop between two influential AAF bases in the US. Either that or I could use the default DC-3 with panel and mods from douglasdc3.com What US Army airbases were the most successful/famous during WWII (e.g. bases that the Mighty 8th, RAF/AAF bases)? Does anybody know of any free online game-recording software that won't slow down the FPS? The FRAPS demo only lets you record 30 secs...

Fraps is pretty good in terms of not being too much of a resource hog, and the 30sec limit on the free version isn't as bad as it might seem. If you look at professional action movies most of the shots are shorter than that, and with decent editing (use Windows Movie Maker for example) and careful selection of shots, you can make an effective video as lengthy as you want.The main downside of the free Fraps, if I remember correctly (and it's been a while since I used it), is the limit on frame-size, and it also puts the Fraps watermark at the top of the clips, which might not be wanted.I have tried a few of the alternative free game-video softwares and haven't found them as good as Fraps.There are WW2 RAF airfields for FS9 (payware) here:http://www.simshack.net/product_info.php?products_id=427..and a bunch of free ones (for FSX) here:http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/node/83