Sign in to follow this  
Fitz505

AI strobe lights all blink together

Guest gmorar

Great tip. Now Matt: for the fx_beaconb and fx_beaconh there are emitter 0, 1 and 2. Should the changes must be made to all of three?Thanks for answering.Gabriel.

I guess the answer is yes since I changed all 3 emitter sections and had good results.:)Matt

Guest product

Guys,Stupid question- in which .cfg file or whatever are you making these changes?Best,Joel

Open up the Effects folder under your main FS2004 folder - in my case it's C:FS2004Effects. Then look for the following 4 files:fx_strobe.fxfx_strobeh.fxfx_beaconb.fxfx_becaonh.fxOpen the files using notepad or other similar text editor. Make the changes described in the above posts and you're off and running!Matt

Guest HeavyFan

Aghh I see, I got confused at what your guy's were trying to acomplish! MYBAD guy's! Now i will have to try this fix for my AI for Night Spotting! Sorry bout that, MIKE:)

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey all,I'm having a little trouble with this fix. I've got all the AI aircraft unsynched and they don't flash their strobes and beacons in unison anymore as it should be. However I'm finding that the stobes on the wingtips of each individual AI are out of synch (i.e. don't flash together).I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here. I've checked the files twice and cross checked them with each other to make sure the delay and rate values are all correct.Is anyone else getting this or is it just me?CheersDavid

Guest Leonardo

Just wanted to point out that the same fix for the strobe lights works for beacon lights. Just have to do the same modifications to all fx_beacon*.fx files.I'm using it and had no crashes or weird bugs. Thanks for the fix.

Guest FlyinJ

David,I'm seeing the same thing. Ideally, the wingtip strobes on each individual aircraft should flash at the same time and the red anti-collision strobes on the top and bottom of the fuselage of each aircraft should flash at the same time, but not at the same time as the wingtip strobes (ie: at a different rate).Any of you lighting experts out there know if this can be accomplished?Jeff

Guest Leonardo

Correct, these are the choices. You just can't have perfectly synchronized stobes for your own plane without having all other strobes in unison.Personally I prefer my strobes to be faulty because looking from the cockpit the effect is much improved.

Guest idealimage

I know this is an old thread, but I just found the following on Project AI's board ...Since the lights entries all have (at the end of each line) a reference to a particular strobe FX file it would surely be a simple matter to create parallel versions (new FX files based on originals, no big editing required).The FX files describe the strobing effect and how it operates (either in strict tempo, or drifting in and out of synch), so there's no reason why some aircraft can't use the strict tempo version (as shipped with FS04) and others can't use an offshoot version.That leads to the conclusion that there's no reason strobe effects can't be created to mimic a precise type of aircraft, so if Boeings had the white strobes synched in strict tempo they could use a Boeing-specific effect, and if Airbus have a sort of drifting synch, they use an Airbus-specific FX file. Back in the CFG file you simply reference the appropriate FX file, like this for Boeings ...light.3=2, -25.50, -63.35, 3.90, fx_strobeh ,light.4=2, -25.50, 63.35, 3.90, fx_strobeh ,... and for Airbus ...light.3=2, -25.50, -63.35, 3.90, fx_strobeh_ab ,light.4=2, -25.50, 63.35, 3.90, fx_strobeh_ab ,where the "fx_strobeh_ab.fx" file has de-synchronised settings.----Maybe for completists only, but it seems reasonable enough.

Guest Ken_Salter

Excellent tip! Glad this got bumped up, because I missed it somehow.