I have not been able to upgrade to the 270 series because it cuts out the use of the SLI tool which I use to create exceptional quality graphics, far better than Nvidia Inspector. Hate to have to switch.Kind regards,

What's that tool and what settings are those please Stephen?

I have not been able to upgrade to the 270 series because it cuts out the use of the SLI tool which I use to create exceptional quality graphics, far better than Nvidia Inspector. Hate to have to switch.Kind regards,
Did you know that 270 has a profile for MS Flight that includes a SLI profile. Alain says that this is a DX10 profile as that is what MS Flight will be based on:> Hi! Jim, I don't write in the forum anymore cause to many of my post > were deleted for no good reason, I just want to tell you that you found > something good about the SLI crap on Nvidia Inspector, here is the > scoop, Flight will be SLI DX10 compatible cause Flight is FSX reworked > with the same FSX engine.>> They will fix the DX10 bugs and make all FSX scenery not compatible with > Flight (obviously) as you can also see in the Nvidia Inspector cause FSX > is under another tab, as you know DX10 in FSX is preview only, so MS > will give us a patch for FSX SLI DX9 ....sit tight there is more....my > source told me that scenery for Flight will be sold in a market store > (virtual), everything will go thru MS to keep the piracy down....>> Here is a part of what I got from somebody,>> " So lets clear some doubts: flight will have sli support because the > developer added that feature in the engine, thats beyond any doubts as > you already realized.>> Since its a remake youre assuming or expecting that the original game > can work in sli as well, but thats not how it works.>> The developer in order to make a sli enabled game needs to implement > such technology in their game, so if you want to use sli in older titles > the developer needs to patch the game and then notify nvidia, which > creates a sli bits for it and adds a profile in the next driver release.>> Mind you, you can attempt to force sli in older titles by either using > the new Flight sli bit (if the engine is similar) or by using another > bit, but it may not work at all (mostly it will likely happen). Sli isnt > a technology that works with everything, we still dream of something > like that really.> Point is that before the driver supports a game in sli there should be > an official support by the developer.> Hope it helps now. ">> Stay safe flying, talk to you later.>> AlainI would be interested in the tool that you are using also.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

The SLI tool function is useful for loading FSX profiles directly into the Nvidia controls that provide, IMO significantly superior quality graphics to that of Nvidia Inspector. The SLI provisions in the new Nvidia drivers have nothing to do with what this tool enables in the pre 270 series drivers. The SLI tool can be downloaded here:NVIDIA SLI Profile ToolI will look for a source for the FSX profiles I use and post them here. There are 3 FSX options, C8xQ, C8xS and C16xS. I have copies of each which were I think downloaded from Nick Needham. Scroll down to find installation instructions written by Nick on June 22, 2010:Nick Needham's InstructionsKind regards,

Thanks Stephen. Much appreciated

Thanks Stephen. Much appreciated
The profiles can be downloaded from a link provided by Nick Needham in a post dated June 18, 2010 at:http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-for-25715-and-25721-updated_topic34873_page4.htmlThey need to be used in conjunction with the Nvidia SLI Tool linked above with a pre 270 series Nvidia driver.I hope this helps you better enjoy higher FSX settings. Your mileage may vary wildly! :)Kind regards,

The profiles can be downloaded from a link provided by Nick Needham in a post dated June 18, 2010 at:http://www.simforums...4873_page4.htmlThey need to be used in conjunction with the Nvidia SLI Tool linked above with a pre 270 series Nvidia driver.I hope this helps you better enjoy higher FSX settings. Your mileage may vary wildly! :)Kind regards,
Thanks again Stephen. Been trying it and it does the same thing that Inspector does man :blush:Sets a profile with 16x AF, Vsync on, and three AA options (8xS, 8xSQ and 16xS) that are indeed available in Inspector. If you load a profile with SLI tool, you will see the changes mirrored in Inspector if you refresh the profile there, showing 8xS, 8xSQ or whatever profile you picked in SLI Tool

Thanks again Stephen. Been trying it and it does the same thing that Inspector does man :blush:Sets a profile with 16x AF, Vsync on, and three AA options (8xS, 8xSQ and 16xS) that are indeed available in Inspector. If you load a profile with SLI tool, you will see the changes mirrored in Inspector if you refresh the profile there, showing 8xS, 8xSQ or whatever profile you picked in SLI Tool
Dazz,Yes, that is why the difference between the quality I get with the SLI tool versus Nvidia Inspector is so baffling to me. I have switched and compared both ways a number of times with the results always the same. That is why it seems to be individually system driven, but that does not make a lot of sense either. There is a real difference however especially in the AA visuals. Go figure!Kind regards,

Oh, that sounds a lot like what was happening to me. Just in case it helps you:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/page__view__findpost__p__1952950If you get it to work please try this:2pz0847.png

Thanks for the heads up Steffen will install ASAP. Can someone tell me if they are installing over an existing driver installation, I remember reading beginning with the 260 series drivers it wasn't necessary to uninstall the old driver.Stephen (SpritFlyer) does SLI mode only apply to the 5xx series GPU?

\Robert Hamlich/

I'll have to try that out, Stephen. Wonder if it works for my 460 @ 5040x1050. Hope to get better AA, 'cause Insp. provides mediocre AA, regardless of settings I have.Thanks for the tip, my friend!Bjorn

Thanks for the heads up Steffen will install ASAP. Can someone tell me if they are installing over an existing driver installation, I remember reading beginning with the 260 series drivers it wasn't necessary to uninstall the old driver.Stephen (SpritFlyer) does SLI mode only apply to the 5xx series GPU?
Hi Robert,I have 267.24 installed and it works well with this odriver and previous ones. I think that any Nvidia will work OK from 200 series and up with the SLI tool. Everytime I install a different driver I have to reinstall the SLI profiles. Kind regards,

I'll have to try that out, Stephen. Wonder if it works for my 460 @ 5040x1050. Hope to get better AA, 'cause Insp. provides mediocre AA, regardless of settings I have.Thanks for the tip, my friend!Bjorn
Hi Bjorn,Always good to see one of my long time friends in the forums. I have no idea why, unless what Dazz suggested is the reason, (I have not investigated it yet) but this system really seems to work for me far better than Nvidia Inspector does. It should work with the 460 just fine. I hope it helps.Kind regards,