Sign in to follow this  
Variometer

Autofocus cockpit view

Hi,Most of you certainly already know about the bloom facilities of the ENB series module, if not, just start a search on this forum and youl'll find a lot of helpfull tips. Fooling around with the settings of the enb series mod I stumbled across the [DEPTHOFFIELD] section, and I couldn't resist to start some tests. I'm aware that the use of this setting is really a matter of taste, but in my opinion the depicted effect of an autofocus camera adds a lot of realism to the simulation. It doesn't work with all aircraft, but when applied in the right way, you will notice that, while panning around in the virtual cockpit, you'll see either a sharp and clear cockpit panel or a clear landscape outside, depending on your current angle of view. You can see a demonstration of the effect in my latest video, which can be downloaded in hd at

or have a look at the YouTube version at

To apply the shown effect to your cockpit you have to enable the DepthOfField by using the following settings in the ENB series ini-file: [EFFECT]...EnableDepthOfField=1... [DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=0DOFNumberOfPasses=5DOFFocusRange=5DOFBlurinessRange=7 As I already mentioned, it's a matter of taste, but maybe you'll give it a trial :) Cheers, Andreas

Never noticed anything like that till you mentioned it. Impressive finding. Will definitely give it a shot!Thanks for the informationCheers,Karan

Wow, amazing! Nice. What are your water settings??
Just came back to home, so I could examine my last used REX settings. Wave animation: Clear LakeInland water: Deep BlueTropicla water: Color Me BeautifulOcean water: MyWater01 :(I'm not sure, which water type is used at this place of this scenery. Maybe you are lucky and it is the inland water, because I guess, you won't find the MyWater01 in your settings of ocean water.
What are you using for the ATC chatter in the background? LiveATC.net?
It's only file I recorded somewhere in the web long time ago, I even used it in one of my earliest videos, and I use it again and again. May it's time to search for a newer one ;)Cheers, Andreas

Is your fsx menu water slider set full right?
Yes, of course. In my videos I always try to display the best picture, which I can produce on my systems. That means max water, cloud, cloud distance, scenerey complexity, autogen etc. Even the nvidia settings are set to the max values before I capture my footage, because I know many ways to avoid stutters in my final videos, no matter how complex the scenery or aircraft is :)Cheers, Andreas

Very nice video! Thanks also for the auto focus settings. I have no idea about this until now :(

Yes, of course. In my videos I always try to display the best picture, which I can produce on my systems. That means max water, cloud, cloud distance, scenerey complexity, autogen etc. Even the nvidia settings are set to the max values before I capture my footage, because I know many ways to avoid stutters in my final videos, no matter how complex the scenery or aircraft is :)Cheers, Andreas
Andreas share with us your knowledge on how to avoid stutters :( :( Aron

Andreas share with us your knowledge on how to avoid stutters :( :( Aron
Looking at your signature... if you're getting stutters... you've got something seriously, seriously wrong with your configurations.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Andreas share with us your knowledge on how to avoid stutters :( :(
Are you creating fsx videos too? I'm asking because I only can give some tips on how to avoid stutters in video productions, they will be useless for normal flight.Best, Andreas

Andreas,Could you please post your entire ini file please? (you can copy and past it using the "Insert code snippet" button on the message toolbar)I love the colours in your video.Thanks! :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks for the nice comments, much appreciated.OK, here is my enbseries.ini file, which I use during normal flight. For recording videos (not in the current one), sometimes I change some settings in the ini file, depending on the mood and effects I'm trying to show. And As I'm using a 120 Hz monitor, the results might look a bit darker on your monitor than on mine.

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=1[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyScreenshot=44KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=100ChromePower=100UseCurrentFrameReflection=1ReflectionQuality=1ReflectionSourceSpecular=50ReflectionSourceTFactor=50UseAdditiveReflection=1ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=1ReflectionSinglePass=1UseEnvBump=0EnvBumpAmount=100EnvBumpOffset=100ReflectionFlip=0[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=1BloomFadeTime=400BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=95BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=18BloomConstantNight=0BloomCurveNight=0BloomScreenLevelNight=20BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=100[sSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=1DarkeningLevel=30BrighteningLevel=30IlluminationLevel=30AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLighting=1FadeDistance=50UseForAlphaTest=0UseForAlphaBlend=0[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=20ScreenLevelDay=70ScreenLevelNight=1DarkeningAmountNight=0GammaCurveDay=0GammaCurveNight=-2ColorSaturationDay=-2ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=0[sHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=40ShadowFadeEnd=80ShadowAmountDay=100ShadowAmountNight=30ShadowScreenLevelDay=60ShadowScreenLevelNight=20ShadowQuality=1UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=2ShadowBlurRange=30[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=2MotionBlurVelocity=1000MotionBlurRotation=1000[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=0DOFNumberOfPasses=5DOFFocusRange=5DOFBlurinessRange=7

Cheers, Andreas