Sign in to follow this  
masterk

CTD after Decent checklist

Hi,i have a little problems on short flight. For Example from EDDL nach EHLE. I climb to FL120. When i want to start the decent checklist in 90% comes a CTD. Is there anything else i must do bevor the Checklist? When i fly higher i have not the problem. Best regardsChristian

Hi,i have testetd again. after Saying decent checklist: Copilot answers with Standby and a few seconds latter CTD. Flightsimulator is not working anymore :(. When I jump over the decent checklist no problem. Flightlevel 130. Best regardsChristian

Hi Christian,Have you setup the FMC and entered VREF, etc., "prior" to calling for the Descent checklist?Or are you call for the Descent checklist, and then typing numbers in the FMC (like VREF).If the latter, try setting up your FMC first, then calling for the Descent checks.Other than that, hard to say. Other users aren't reporting that.Any chance you can send me your "event viewer" log?Best,

Hi,thanks for your answer. I do the same then on long flights where it doesn´t happens. It seems that the problem exist only when you are not flying so high.I entert the flaps speed and set the Autobrake. Then i do the aproachbriefing. Then in the FS2Crew window stands F.O. Action. After taht Decent. Then i call Decent checklist and the Co-Pilot answers with standby. And than that was it ;). Is there anything else what i must enter?Where can i find the log?Best regards and thank youChristian

I send you a PM
Hi, I got the Event Viewer report.It cited the 'FS2Audio.dll' as the issue, and that's the FS2Crew audio engine.I suspect the issue is associated with the Landing Altitude.What airport are you using for the Destination airport? Elevation data for it could be corrupt, and sending FS2Crew a number it doesn't know how to handle.Try to reproduce using KSEA as the arrival airport in the FMC.Also, what's your Minimums set to?Cheers,

Hi,the destination airport is EHLE in Lelystad. It is a small airport in the Netherlands. The Landalt is 0 for this airport. I try to change that for an higher altitude and look what happend. If i enter KSEA it is 450. Normal EHLY is -12ft in the FS. Perhaps that is the problem. Christian

Hi,the destination airport is EHLE in Lelystad. It is a small airport in the Netherlands. The Landalt is 0 for this airport. I try to change that for an higher altitude and look what happend. If i enter KSEA it is 450. Normal EHLY is -12ft in the FS. Perhaps that is the problem. Christian
I suspect the 'negative' altitude is the issue; it's tripping up the audio engine. I'm surprised no other Dutch users reported this before.I'll fix it in the next update.Cheers,

Hi,so i have tried it with an ohter altitude in the Overhead for landing. It is the same. It must be the negative value. OK. Thank you :)Christian.

I guess that this is memory issue. I have had the same problem, but not only with descend checklist. Windows 7 x64 fixed all CTD issue. But maybe in your case it wasn't the same.Alex.

Hi,so i have tried it with an ohter altitude in the Overhead for landing. It is the same. It must be the negative value. OK. Thank you :)Christian.
Christian, it goes on the FMC, not the overhead. Can you please set your destination airport in the FMC to KSEA and try again. Be sure to select a runway for the approach in the FMC.
I guess that this is memory issue. I have had the same problem, but not only with descend checklist. Windows 7 x64 fixed all CTD issue. But maybe in your case it wasn't the same.Alex.
Windows 7 handles memory better than XP, which is another reason I recommend people upgrade to Win 7. Be sure to get an "English" version, too, so you can use Voice.However, a lot of people use XP successfully with FS2Crew Voice... what happens though is that people have a lot of "junk" on their old XP machines... then they do a clean install with Win 7, thus wiping whatever junk they've collected over the years off their systems, and voila! they find everything runs a lot better.So it's a bit of both: Win 7 is better, and a fresh install clears the junk off one's machine.

Hi,so o have tested twice. One time with EHLE. In the FMC the stands -10 on the legs page. Than it crashs. With KSEAS it is a positive value and then it works. So i think we have the failiure ;). Christian

Hi,so o have tested twice. One time with EHLE. In the FMC the stands -10 on the legs page. Than it crashs. With KSEAS it is a positive value and then it works. So i think we have the failiure ;). Christian
Okay, the negative value is clearly the issue. I'll fix this in the next update.Cheers,

Okay, the negative value is clearly the issue. I'll fix this in the next update.Cheers,
Okay, I just tried to reproduce this using EHLE as the Arrival Airport.Descent checklist plays fine for me... no CTDs or issues.So, at least on my machine, the below sea level airport is not the issue.

Hi,i have tested it again. Every time when the co-pilot should spell the height it crashed to desktop :(. But thank you for your testing. At the time when i am flying to the netherlands i didnt set up the runway. ´I call the Decent checklist and after that i setup the FMC. Then it works. But if i set up the runway first and it is a negative value that was it ;). and i am on my Desktop.Thank you for your help.Christian