Sign in to follow this  
MrKen

To Tom Allensworth

Sorry for being so far off-topic, I didn't see any board even remotely appropriate & can't PM, so I just went to the board you frequent most...I noticed one of your interests is competitive sailing, can you PM me & tell me a little about your rig? I've wanted to hit some regattas, but the timing never works out. I'm just a cat sailor, nothing fancy...OK, now that that's over, my feelings won't get hurt if this post is deleted, locked or whatever. Big%20Grin.gif

Umm, how's about Hangar Chat?http://forum.avsim.net/forum/120-hangar-chat/

Mike Beckwith

Sorry for being so far off-topic, I didn't see any board even remotely appropriate & can't PM, so I just went to the board you frequent most...I noticed one of your interests is competitive sailing, can you PM me & tell me a little about your rig? I've wanted to hit some regattas, but the timing never works out. I'm just a cat sailor, nothing fancy...OK, now that that's over, my feelings won't get hurt if this post is deleted, locked or whatever. Big%20Grin.gif
Ken,I competitively sailed up until 1987 when I moved from Cape Cod to Central Virginia. My last boat was a SNIPE (14ft L x 18ft mast and full set of sails, hiking rig and so on). It was kind of like a predecessor to the Australian 18 ft open class. It was a fun boat to race. When I wasn't trying to drown myself on that, I was crewing with others on bigger boats. But, I still love competitive sailing, and I would love to get back into it. Problem is, the nearest body of water that would support a sail boat of any kind is three hours at least, away.