Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rafal

5 questions

Hello, Bryan!I have used the forum search engine but found no answers to my questions.If I simply missed them somehow (here or in the manual), please forgive me.Maybe these things are like they should be (I am not a real world 737 pilot), so I will find out at least.1. When I ask F/O to set flaps to 5, they always go to 2 instead of 5- I have now disabled my flaps control in both FSUIPC and FS menu, but no difference- I also I make sure flaps are set to 5 in FMC and in the BR panel2. Whatever trim I set for takeoff (I set it according to the FMC calculation), during the checklist F/O reads trim as 3.03. When taking off I have to switch on the strobe lights (Strobe&Steady) by myself - F/O won't do it4. The descent checklist is always performed by F/O himself - there is no interaction fom me (the captain) - I guess that's the way it is?5. I often hear 'MINIMUMS' twice when landing - should I deactivate GPWS not to interact with F\O?Thanks in advance for any hints.Best regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello, Bryan!I have used the forum search engine but found no answers to my questions.If I simply missed them somehow (here or in the manual), please forgive me.Maybe these things are like they should be (I am not a real world 737 pilot), so I will find out at least.1. When I ask F/O to set flaps to 5, they always go to 2 instead of 5- I have now disabled my flaps control in both FSUIPC and FS menu, but no difference- I also I make sure flaps are set to 5 in FMC and in the BR panel2. Whatever trim I set for takeoff (I set it according to the FMC calculation), during the checklist F/O reads trim as 3.03. When taking off I have to switch on the strobe lights (Strobe&Steady) by myself - F/O won't do it4. The descent checklist is always performed by F/O himself - there is no interaction fom me (the captain) - I guess that's the way it is?5. I often hear 'MINIMUMS' twice when landing - should I deactivate GPWS not to interact with F\O?Thanks in advance for any hints.Best regards
Hi,1. Flaps: It goes on what you set in the FMC. If the flaps are not going to the desired position, then something must be over-riding the input... check FSUIPC/hardware again pls.2. Trim: Are you using hardware for trim?3. Are you running the runway entry procedure Flow? He should do it. Are you sure you have the latest version of the iFly installer? It's SP2 or later.4. Descent checklist... that's the way it is. PNF (FO) reads the whole thing.5. Make sure Mins Selector on FO's side matches Mins selector value on Capt's side. You could also try disabling the GPWS calls.Cheers,

Hey, Bryan!Thanks a lot for your quick response.I did some more testing (two flights).

1. Flaps: It goes on what you set in the FMC. If the flaps are not going to the desired position, then something must be over-riding the input... check FSUIPC/hardware again pls.2. Trim: Are you using hardware for trim?3. Are you running the runway entry procedure Flow? He should do it. Are you sure you have the latest version of the iFly installer? It's SP2 or later.4. Descent checklist... that's the way it is. PNF (FO) reads the whole thing.5. Make sure Mins Selector on FO's side matches Mins selector value on Capt's side. You could also try disabling the GPWS calls.
1. After another attempt of clearing all previously cleared assignments for flaps in both FSUIPC and FS... it is working fine now. I don't really get it, but I like the result! :smile:2. The trim problem is still on. Yes, I have always used my CH Yoke's left 2-way switch for trimming. Is it not possible with FS2Crew?3. This one looks like a stupid mistake of mine. I was checking the strobe lights switch position too early. Now checking while starting the takeoff roll I found them properly on. Sorry!4. Thanks, that's what I suspected. Just like the AFter Takeoff checklist, right? Is it a standard routine for all airlines, by the way?5. I did and this there was only one Minimums call. I will continue observing that though.Thank you very much once again.Take care!