Sign in to follow this  
trebor737

FSX 'Fatal Error'

My FSX keeps on crashing due to a 'Fatal Error', I have been looking on the forums around and it seems to be the problem that is on the link. With the uiautomationcore.dll file! So i have followed the instructions into how to get rid of the files. But even tho i have done the correct set up in order to be able to delete the files it still says i cant when i try! My linkHas anyone else had the same problem and how to fix it?Rob

First of all, you need to take ownership of uiautomationcore.dll if you want to delete it from system folders - but know this - i higly discourage deleting those files.Instead, it *should* be enough placing a vista uiautomationcore.dll into FSX folder.In attachment... rename txt -> dll

Yes - DO NOT follow the instructions in your "My Link", Rob. You will mess up for any other program that needs it. Simply do what Word Not Allowed has suggested - download, save and rename the "uiautomationcore.txt" by changing the ".txt" to ".dll", and then put the file in the root folder of FSX. FSX.exe looks for any file it needs in it's own folder first. That's all you need to do. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest firehawk44

I would be interested to know if this really works as the uiautomationcore.dll is part of dotnet 4, a program that is required for installation and operation of many FSX addons. I have never put this .dll in my fsx main folder and have never had this crash. I know from reading the posts in the CTD forum that placing the uiautomationcore.dll in the main fsx folder has not worked for many. I guess it's great if it does fix a ctd but it sure is a strange way of fixing things!Best regards,Jim

I would be interested to know if this really works as the uiautomationcore.dll is part of dotnet 4, a program that is required for installation and operation of many FSX addons. I have never put this .dll in my fsx main folder and have never had this crash. I know from reading the posts in the CTD forum that placing the uiautomationcore.dll in the main fsx folder has not worked for many. I guess it's great if it does fix a ctd but it sure is a strange way of fixing things!Best regards,Jim
Same with me. I´m using FSX for quite a time now an I never had a problem with a CTD or this dll. Some guys get it every day and some lucky ones, like me, never. That´s pritty strange. Strange FSX world. :(

It's not FSX per se. It's different PC configurations. There are no two same computers in this world. Each one is unique. Guaranteed.You ever heard of Nero crashing FS9? Well... here you go. It does here. I've never heard of anyone else.

I think you'll find, this is your answer:1, Download this file: http://www.mediafire...omationCore.zip2, Drop the UIAutomationCore.dll file into the FSX root folder3, While your in the root FSX folder, Hold Shift and right click, select "open command window here" from the list of options4, Then into the CMD window that appears, copy paste this: regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll 5, Then press EnterJosh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Tried both options but no luck with either of them still crash on exit. here is what the event viewer has put out. Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 8/6/2011 3:09:46 PMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: DadsDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x04246c81Faulting process id: 0x1760Faulting application start time: 0x01cc546c1b80aa25Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: a56779fa-c05f-11e0-861c-e0cb4e3bc3baEvent Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-06T19:09:46.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>18183</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Dads</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data> <Data>475e17d3</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>04246c81</Data> <Data>1760</Data> <Data>01cc546c1b80aa25</Data> <Data>E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>a56779fa-c05f-11e0-861c-e0cb4e3bc3ba</Data> </EventData></Event>