Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virgin_A340

Windows 7 Aero

Is it normal that every time I run FS9 it automatically turns W7 Aero theme off and most annoying, when I exit FS9 it won't go back to Aero? I have to re-enable it via W7 control panel. Andy S

Hi,Yes normal and just disable Aero and you'll be farther ahead for performance.

I quite like Aero though for the ease of switching between internet browser windows. Is there any kind of keyboard shortcut to disable and enable it?Andy S

I quite like Aero though for the ease of switching between internet browser windows. Is there any kind of keyboard shortcut to disable and enable it?Andy S
I have Windows 7 (64 bit) and I have modified my FS9 desktop shortcut in the Compatability section to "Disable Desktop Composition" so that the system changes to a basic dispaly while FS9 is running, and it reverts back to normal when FS9 is shut down.

Is it normal that every time I run FS9 it automatically turns W7 Aero theme off and most annoying, when I exit FS9 it won't go back to Aero? I have to re-enable it via W7 control panel. Andy S
Fs9 has never affected aero on my computer. When I start FS9 areo stays on and don't change my performanne. When I start FSX, it disables areo, but turns aero back on when done.