Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twowolves

repaint panel black request ?

Hi.Woundering if someone could do a black panel.For the 208 and cargomaster 208.Two Wolves

That would be nice, I really like the interiors ORBX has done for the C182 RG and C152 and love it if they did one for the Caravan! Who knows....

HiYour post got me thinking, which is not something I like to do to much of, but never the less it got my wondering what she would look like with a black / dark panel, now this is only a first attempt and I have only ever done one previous panel mod like this, but is this something like the finish you were looking for. Now I know this is and will not be up to the standards of the ORBX panels and I still have to figure out a good finish for the night lighting effect but I am getting to like the idea of a black / dark panel variant for the C208 so I will keep tinkering with her if only to see what I can come up with. Any comments, ideas or observations are more than welcome. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Say, thanks for taking this on, Jim. Looks very nice already! Personaly, I would be very interested. I think the dark panel will look quite nice in the 208. Cheers,Fritz

Hi.Jim great work on the black panel.Thank you for taking the time to do a black panel.Can't until its done.Again Thanks.Two Wolves

Hi all Firstly thank you for the encouraging words, I really do appreciate them, secondly just in case you wanted to be unpaid beta testers I have sent you both a PM with a download link for the V1 files (I am sure there will be more iterations before it's done), so if you do decide to give the mod a run through then the files and installation instructions are included in the Zip archive in the download link. Take care, and thanks again for the comments. Jim Hodkinson

Hi again I managed to get some more work in on the night lighting of the C208 panel, I toned down the night lighting and added a bit of colour to it as well as finishing off the switch panel surrounds, I think it's an improvement but I could really do with a fresh set of eyes so to speak as I have been tweaking this a little bit at a time and I am getting a little bit panel blind for the want of a better phrase, so if when you next fly the C208 you could also take the V2 panel for a spin I would really appreciate it and any comments or suggestions that you may have. With that in mind I have sent you all a new PM with a fresh download link for the updated files. Thanks again for taking the time out to look at this modification for me. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim, I just loaded your textures and they look nice! I spent all day yesterday adding reality xp fln & flt gauges and they actually look much better with a black panel, that light black is the same color of the rxp gauges. Here's a pic:

Me too Jim, if you wouldn't mind. Kiss.gif Thanks to you I've just rediscovered the 208. Dreadful to think how many really nice aircraft there are, that get lost in the dark corners of our hangars. Cheers, Ron

Hi Ron Absolutly no problem, the more the merrier, I have sent you a PM with the download link for the V3 files and the installation instructions, but you probably already know that. Take care, and have fun, Jim Hodkinson

Installed it, had a tootle round in it and the verdict is......Perfect! Bloody well done! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Hi Ron Thank you for those very kind words, not sure if they are deserved but they are appreciated, but mainly thank you for volunteering to test out the panel and for providing the feedback, I really do appreciate it, as for the panel itself there were more than a couple of things that needed to get straightened out, but between us all we seem to have got the balance about right, at least I hope we have. So thanks again for both the kind comments and the feedback, not to mention taking the time out to test the panel in the first place. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Hi again Sorry about this but I found a small error on the latest V3 panel mod, the area around the parking brake was incorrectly masked out which left an area around it show in a mid grey colour and not the actual panels colour, it's not a big problem I know but if you do want to update the files then I have sent you all a PM with a new download link for the full file set, I'm pretty sure I have sent you all a copy of the download link, but just in case my mind is having a day off I thought I would cover all the bases by posting here, so if I missed you out on the PM then let me know and please accept my apologies. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Hi It's not a problem posting the link to the files as far as I am concerned, but if the forum moderators would rather I did not then they can feel free to delete the link, so with that in mind here you go.. http://www.mediafire.com/?3oqvo9ay6ell86x Please keep in mind that this is still really a beta version until we can all check it out and iron out any possible issues, and if you happen to find anything that you think could do with looking at then just let me know and I will try my best to help if I can. Jim Hodkinson

I'm disappointed. Shoddy work will not be tolerated. Now get a grip for God's sake! rolleyes.gif

Hi I know but at my age things like this happen more and more, the didn’t a while ago, OK so it was a long while ago, but I promise to try harder next time. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Hi Thanks a lot for the feedback and the kind words, both really are appreciated, I must admit that I like the darker / black panel myself so really I guess it's thanks to Twowolves for the initial suggestion. Don’t forget that should you find anything you want me to take another look at then just let me know and I will see what can be done. Take care, and thanks again. Jim Hodkinson

Hi Ron Just a small problem, and my apologies if I misled you, but I don’t actually have the C152, but I do know somebody that does so all is not totally lost yet. I asked for a texture folder from the 152 just to see what was what, and while doing that I thought I would have a very quick play around and up to now this is what she looks like in the sim. The problem with doing it blind so to speak, is that it could take a very long time to get anything done as I have to send them to be flown and then get shots and comments back, tweak the files and repeat, now I don’t mind having a go I'm just letting you know the state of play. One more thing that I was asked was do you want this only in the VC view as apparently the C152 has a 2D cockpit that my tester can not really access as like myself he has the EZDok camera system installed which makes using any 2Dviews next to impossible so a 2D dark panel may be questionable at best. Anyway as I said here is a very rough first run through, just for testing the viability of the mod. Jim Hodkinson