Sign in to follow this  
Morganw487

PMDG 737NGX silence?

not sure what to believe. Not so long ago, Ryan said that they were NOT in beta yet, then a couple days later RSR made a post that stated they had been in beta for a month or so.
I was under the impression that the tech team was actually part of alpha testing based on the following post from Ryan, along with suggestions made by George prior to the 'beta' announcement:
Alpha: Features are still being coded in. Part of our alpha process other developers would probably call beta - near the end of alpha, we send the airplane out to our internal tech team that consists of real life pilots on the aircraft in question, mechanics, design engineers and so on. This is to make sure we haven't missed anything that their expertise would notice before we consider the plane feature complete.Beta: Aircraft is feature complete and essentially ready for release as far as we the developers can tell. We give it to a handpicked team consisting of average simmers, real life GA pilots, and a few partners in the addon industry to basically go and use like they would had they just bought it as a customer. We're also looking to evaluate performance here, as our testers have everything ranging from bleeding edge systems down to machines that are 4 or 5 years old. If problems arise, we address them. If none do, we release!
Just quietly, I think the confusion came about because PMDG actually chose to give the 'beta' label to the tech team alpha testing phase so as to appease the angry mob :D It is apparent that the aircraft has just approached being functionally complete in the last few days (recent comments about work in progress, sounds yet to be created and what not), so technically we're only about to hit beta testing now.In any case I'm thrilled that it sounds like we'll be getting an update very soon. Beta testing screenshots should then tide us all over until release.

I was under the impression that the tech team was actually part of alpha testing based on the following post from Ryan, along with suggestions made by George prior to 'beta' being announced:Just quietly, I think the confusion came about because PMDG actually chose to give the 'beta' label to the tech team alpha testing phase so as to appease the angry mob :D It is apparent that the aircraft has only just approached being functionally (recent comments about work in progress, sounds yet to be created and what not), so technically we're only about to hit beta testing now.In any case I'm thrilled that it sounds like we'll be getting an update very soon. Beta testing screenshots should then tide us all over until release.
- idk. I was under the impression based on the MOST recent post that the aircraft and its systems are complete. Fine tunning and polishing, preparing for release is all thats left.Sounds and animations are done( typically those seem to be the last part of development). Watch the videos on YouTube.

Peter Osborn

My post was with relation to when the tech team beta was first announced and not the present state of the aircraft, which sounds like it's now ready for actual 'beta' testing. Sounds and other features were indeed missing from those YouTube videos, as was confirmed by PMDG.

lg_a_funny_music_note_000.gif Nobody knows....the troubles I've seen...... nobody knows.....my sorrow Cry.giflg_a_funny_music_note_000.gif

Even more silence now the 'cone of silence' thread has been locked... or good news because there will be a new thread that will announce the NGX!

I wonder if the i fly 737 for FSX will have anything to do with the release time?Gary

Even more silence now the 'cone of silence' thread has been locked... or good news because there will be a new thread that will announce the NGX!
We are well clear of the cone of silence and are currently descending towards the trapezium of zen-like calm, then it will be a right turn through 15 degrees to the dodecahedron of whispered anticipation to intercept the localiser for an approach into the rectangle of release. If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of one hand clapping over the steady hum of the CFM 56.In other words, chill out, it will be here when it is ready.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We are well clear of the cone of silence and are currently descending towards the trapezium of zen-like calm, then it will be a right turn through 15 degrees to the dodecahedron of whispered anticipation to intercept the localiser for an approach into the rectangle of release. If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of one hand clapping over the steady hum of the CFM 56.In other words, chill out, it will be here when it is ready.Al
that's a lot of polygons! FPS can't be good with that many of them Just%20Kidding.gif

that's a lot of polygons! FPS can't be good with that many of them Just%20Kidding.gif
Not necessarily, there may be many sides to the engine polygons, but there's always two sides to an argument.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here